4,065 results
All reviews the reserve great karoo zip line hut room full kitchen nomad room candy hut wave pool animal park flow rider water park african queen suite swim up bar outdoor park pizza ivory coast kalahari resort
Reviewed 31 January 2018

I just wanted to specifically write a review about Melanie because she was amazing this past Friday. Every year my family has a company picnic at the resort. We were are at Felix's bar on Friday and the union was all there getting drinks. My boyfriend and I were extremely hungry but could not get the bartenders attention to order. Melanie came over and got our order in right away and the food came out very fast as well. She was so sweet and patient and we really appreciated her because we were getting rather annoyed with the fact we could not place an order for food! Thank you Melanie for the great service and food!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bribaby887
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went for a mini break. We chose a Sunday because of price and crowds. This place is a nice getaway, but very overpriced. We went into this knowing that fact, and brought our own food and drinks. We did splurge and spent 22 dollars on some fruity drinks, but I watched the bartender pour out the extra in the blender instead of offering it to us. At 22 bucks a piece, that was just stupid! The room was average, clean in the main areas, pretty dusty behind the dressers and under the bed. We checked in early, and received an “upgrade”, which turned out to be two connecting rooms. I think we just lucked out, because that room was available when I got there! Overall, if you can get a groupon, take your own food or grab some fast food, and just use the park it is worth it. If you book on site, and eat and play there, you may as well go to Mexico for what you will spend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Tiffany and Alfreda were amazing. Alfreda was our hostess, and she was great! She told us about Tiffany, and we were far from disappointed! Those women were amazing, and the burgers were to die for. I got the double cheddar, and washed it down with a few IPAs. The beer is great, and the staff is better! Thanks Freda and Tiffany! You women were great!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Inspiration752372
Reviewed 27 January 2018

We are a family of 7 and there is something for everyone at Kalahari. The water park is amazing and always improving, the food is excellent with reasonable prices and the staff are very attentive. I have also noticed how vigilant the life guards are at keeping watch over their guests because safety is a priority.

We upgraded our room to the combination suite, which I plan to do every time because the extra space was wonderful. The suite was gorgeous and it allowed the kids to play board games long after the water park closed while providing me a place to sleep away from the noise. Having a full kitchen was a nice added feature that I will put to use on our next visit if we stay more than 1 night.

Theresa (Terry) and Laura at the Ivory Coast made wonderful drinks for us and went out their way to make sure we were well taken care of. Kimberly at the spa did an excellent job with my body scrub. If you go to the spa, go early to put their relaxation area to use. They offer comfortable lounge chairs, soft robes, slippers, coffee, water and tea while you wait. Perfect for unwinding.

As a mom I do hate that there are adult pay per view options in the room with explicit photos and titles. When we called the desk to block these options, which is what you are encouraged to do, the staff were not trained on how to handle this. Adult features should be blocked automatically if you have children with you and only added if requested. Making money should not always take first priority.

We look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Let the bellhop take your bags to hold until you are ready to leave the resort. I am never lugging my bags out at checkout again.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank flowerandkevin
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

I'm currently laying in bed at 8:26am, and the septic system is being serviced literally right outside my window. It sounds like a rocket is taking off, and it's been going on since 8am. I realize this is an important part of keeping the hotel running, but the resort is only about half full. There shouldn't be anyone in this part of the building. If only I could post a video so you could hear how loud it is.

My first impression walking into the room was that it is kind of dumpy. The room is dark, and desperately needs a refresh. We were put in a room on level 1, one level below the lobby, and I very much feels like a dungeon. Add to that the the septic truck outside my window, and the room/stay has been completely underwhelming.

Thankfully it's not all bad. The bed was quite comfortable, and I slept well until the the work started going on outside the window. I found the staff to be very friendly, thus 2 stars in the review. I did call the front desk with my complaint, and they're pushing our checkout time to noon and we're apologetic. I got the impression my call was not the first they received.

This is my second time staying at the resort, and it will most likely be my last unless I have a conference here or something. Both times the stay itself has been rather underwhelming.

Please note, this review is for my room at the resort, NOT the water park itself. I've been very impressed with the water park in the past, and I expect it will be great again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Kassie R, other at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Hi Erin,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Our resort management team saw your review over the weekend and reached out to rectify this situation while you were staying with us. We take your concerns extremely seriously, and want you to have the best stay possible with us. If there are any further concerns please email OHConnect@kalahariresorts.com.

Kassie