Maples Motel
Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$70
EconoLodge
Good 3.5/5
US$123
US$111
Hampton.com
Great 4.5/5
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$99
US$140
TripAdvisor
Average 3/5
Cedar Point's Express Hotel(Sandusky)
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsdonuts and coffeecedar pointthe owner's sonmom and poptrains runtube tvkids loved the pooljoanearplugsgablespark
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2015 via mobile

Enen with leaving the park early we were running close to the 10:00 check in time.
Calling ahead I told the answering machine we were on our way and should arrive before check-in time.
I also told the machine we were 4 people for 2 beds instead of 2 people for 2 beds. I mean 2 beds are 2 beds right ?
Upon arriving with time to spare I was informed there was only one room left and it was 1 bed and 1 rollaway. WHAT???
"That doesn't work" I said, "all I have" he said. BUT he would call another hotel close by to see if they had a room.
Waving our reservation in the air was not going to accomplish anything.
He made the call ( a moment of complete sarcasm here) What great customer service.
Off we went to the Knights Inn and happy to do so.
At the Maples a reservation is not worth the paper it was printed on.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2015

This is my second time staying at the Maples motel. Last year I found it via tripadvisor and took a chance. The Maples is a small family run hotel. The rooms are small and clean. The location to Cedar Point is great about 7 minutes from the park (and through the lightly populated back road in Sandusky).

Steve owns the Motel and for this particular week in July he was on vacation. Instead of him being there he had a friend of the family take care of the hotel. She was extremely welcoming offering me any assistance if necessary and even donuts for breakfast. The motel also lets you check in at whatever time you want which is a plus. I drove over 12 hours and they let me check in at 10am which is unheard of for a hotel.

I highly recommend the Maples Motel in Sandusky for its convenience, hospitality and affordability.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that I love staying in Mom and Pop motels. This is the way people used to travel before we became so impatient and demanding. Places like this provide what a sterile, boring, cookie cutter chain cannot.

Maples is a cute, clean, charming motel tucked under huge maple trees on the main road that leads you right down to Cedar Point. The rooms are small and what you'd expect from a mid century modern motel. The room, bed and temperature in the room were all comfortable. The bathroom is small but was not a problem, even for my 6'3 boyfriend. There was a mini fridge in the room, which was used and appreciated.

The grounds were well kept and the pool was clean. There is a nice lawn with shade to sit and relax and a few times a day watch the train go by.

The owner Steve was a really nice guy and a hospitable host. There were fresh donuts in the office the morning we checked in. Steve lost his mother this past winter and is keeping the family business going. He is doing a good job. If you are in the area, especially if you are going to Cedar Point (it's close to the back entrance) and you like staying in unique non-chain places, then give Maples a try. I loved it!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DanaLfromKY
Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

My 16-year-old son and I spent one night here while visiting Cedar Point. After driving 5 hours from Kentucky, I was thrilled to find our room ready when we arrived at 9:30 a.m. The reviews complaining about the lack of amenities are right. The rooms are old with no frills, so if you're high-maintenance, or if the hotel is the most important part of your vacation, this place isn't for you. However, if you only need a clean, comfortable place to sleep for half the price of the other hotels, this is perfect. Personally, I'd rather spend my money on more important things than having a better brand of soap in the hotel bathroom, so from now on, I'll be staying at the Maples Motel!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
10  Thank Kristi C
Reviewed 28 June 2015

We decided to stay at the Maples Motel based on reviews from Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed! The Maples Motel is a classic drive up style motel that is very well maintained.
Steve was extremely accommodating and helpful, despite the fact that we did not have reservations and needed to access our room late in the evening.
Our room at the Maples was very basic, as I assume they all are, small and simple with paneled walls and bright orange plastic chairs, it had a very groovy vintage/retro feel.
For the price, we were not expecting anything fancy, just a clean place to sleep and shower after a long day of fun at Cedar Point. Our room was very comfortable, clean and we slept great... except for the train. The train is pretty noisy, but having read other reviews on here, we expected it and so it wasn't a big deal for us.
I would recommend this place to anyone staying in the area. Steve is an excellent host who owns a unique property.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple