“Well worth a little extra! Clean!”

Magnuson Hotel East Sandusky
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 30 August 2016

We stayed at a horrible place a month before that smelled like urine and decided to spend a little more on Magnuson. While it wasn't fancy, it was clean and very comfortable. The pool area is excellent and we retreated from scorching cedar point sun in afternoon for a break at the pool. (it was heaven!)

They don't include breakfast but have an onsite restaurant called the sportsmans tavern. (Good food but took 50 minutes for 2 breakfasts, I don't think the cooks have a clue about prepping for weekend breakfast though it was about 2 small families and 2 couples)

We did one day at Cedar point, stayed here then onto Thunder Hills for 18 holes of fun on a gorgeous course.

I will definitely return!

Room Tip: Upper deck over pool is quiet and you can scope out scene before going at pool.
Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We stayed here for 2 nights and believe me if there was another hotel to get into I would have left ASAP. This by far is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It was disgustingly filthy. There is no way they clean the rooms. Couldn't even shower because it was so dirty. Now thats bad! The cleaning service they have should be fired. Do NOT stay at this hotel. I have never stayed in a hotel where they didn't clean your room the next day, well here they did not. Left for Cedar point, came back and the room was not touched. Sometimes cheaper isn't always better and in this case, this is the truth. I do NOT recommend this hotel and I wouldn't stay here again even if it was FREE!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Good sized rooms, attractively priced. And that's it. The hotel is really dated, not maintained well. Dingy carpets. The bar in the lobby was way too loud to even hope to get a good night's rest. Whatever cleaner is used smells corrosive. Don't recommend.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I expected it to be older but I was super surprised that the staff were fantastic from the front desk housekeepers shout out to the Cook and the new restaurant they have a bar that just opened swimming pools clean room was clean they had a game room for the kids. I saw lots of families with kids the guests all seemed happy and well taken care of again the staff was just phenomenal I personally think that can break or make a hotel and they've done a great job with getting good Staffing. No bed bugs I looked it is older but it's very clean. In the restaurant I had fish and grits eggs and toast very nice. I chose to eat a large breakfast and stay away from the Continental carbs. They had a business centers are utilized to check into my flight. Shout out to Camille at the front desk very helpful. It's a Seasonal Hotel so I'm not sure how much of my travel will bring me back to Sandusky during their time but I would stay again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Spent two nights here for a trip to Cedar Point (July 14-16). The hotel is a former Days Inn and even though our room showed some age it was still clean, comfortable and very affordable. It was everything we needed for a theme park stay, a decent place to shower and sleep lol. The hotel is only a couple miles from the park. The staff was very courteous. We didn't partake in the continental breakfast so I can't comment on that. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to CP.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple