“Slightly disappointing”

Add it.
European's Best Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #26 of 131 Restaurants in Strongsville
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Hard to believe, but this was our first time here. We came for the Friday fish dinner, and were treated to a buffet. The fish on the buffet was the clear winner. My wife and I both enjoyed the fish, which was nicely fried. The accompaniments were from acceptable to not acceptable. The perogies were a commercially made product, and I have had better at home. The potato pancakes were "acceptable" and had the expected flavored, which included onion (not often found elsewhere). They were still fried mashed potatoes in texture. The cabbage and noodles were actually very well made. The Mac-and-cheese went untried. The stuffed cabbage was by far the biggest disappointment, due to absolutely no flavor in the cabbage roll. I sliced one open, and found all rice and no meat!! They should be embarrassed serving those that way. Every other place I have tried stuffed cabbage had plenty of meat inside the roll. On the way out, we purchased one of their banana coffee cake and a loaf of their sliced paska bread. The coffee cake was a total bust. The product was made with a heavy dense batter with plenty of molasses, which killed any hint of banana's presence in the cake. It was too dense and heavy to eat. The paska bread was absolutely wonderful. We toasted it this morning for breakfast, on a very low setting, and it was fabulous. The lesson learned here is... inconsistent product. Try it all once, as we did, and know what to enjoy when you go there again. It will be a while before we go back, as there are too many other places to check out and review. Please review your experiences!!!

3  Thank dcpacker

Reviewed 1 April 2016

Enjoyed my breakfast here very much. Fast service, family owned. I had scrambled eggs, bacon, potato pancake, and pashka.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

There were two of us here at 9AM on a Thursday. The place was about 1/4 full so service was quick and we had a choice of where to sit, and the coffee came quickly. Between the two of us, we had a waffle with blueberries, eggs, potato pancake, bacon, sausage links, and French Toast. There was no complaint about anything. The store has a bakery with great Eastern European goodies.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Lovely little family place serving homely fare at reasonable prices. A first for me was"Pigs in a blanket" which turned out to be link sausage wrapped in pancakes. I smothered mine in butter and washed it down with freshly brewed coffee. Delicious and well worth a visit to taste was the locals eat when not pulling up to the nearest drive through of which i could not believe how many different kinds there are in the USA.....Still nice to savour a bit of local Americana.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

This is truly a family run resturant, good fish frys. Enjoy breakfasts during the week. Their bakery is fresh and delicious..