“Birthday dinner”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Been by this place dozens of times. Always told myself I’ve gotta stop there sometime. I finally did. Am I glad I did. We made a rez and our table was waiting. Very comfortable setting. Had a nice glass of wine. And eventually ordered my food along with the rest of our party. I love stuffed Hungarian peppers and also meatballs. Triv’s features both. And I thoroughly enjoyed them. I also had a dinner salad. Their’s is a touch different with candied pecans and a house vinagrette we all thought it was perfect. Simplistic yet unbelievably tasty. The other guests’ really enjoyed there dishes( full disclosure, one guest thought his steak was chewy. It was a ribeye. I had a piece, and to me it was perfect) The owner, Mike comes to the table to check on everyone. If something isn’t right. Tell him. He’s a hands on guy, no baloney. Old school. I like that. I plan on going back. There is a Walleye dish with a tomato risotto I MUST try. I’m also going to try their lunch menu one day. It looks good. Some reviewers complain about prices. Not me. My stuffed pepper app and my Bocce Meatball app were 20$, the salad 4$. So 24$ ? I’m good with that. In this day and age you get what you pay for. Triv’s is a local non chain place. Support local.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Friends raved about it so we thought we would give it a try.
When we walked in about 5pm on a Monday, the hostess asked if we had a reservation we said no she kind of huffed and said she'd be right back. About 10 minutes later she came back to say they are cleaning a table for you. We got seated drink order was given took about 15-20 minutes to get drinks. Put in order, for apps. we got the calimari which was great and the crab cake(notice that is not plural) literally 1 crab cake which also was very good would have been nice to have 2 on an order like most restaurants do.
For entrees we had the bone in ribeye and a strip streak. They were cooked properly he loved his ribeye I thought my strip had no flavor. The strip at Texas Roadhouse in Brooklyn has Much better flavor, sorry Triv. Didn't make my list of "got to come back" maybe for drinks and apps. The atmosphere and decor was very nice.

2  Thank Theresa B
MICHAEL T, Owner at Trivs Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

We strive to make each experience amazing for our guests, we are sorry to hear that yours was not. Please give us another try and let us know if you are not satisfied at all so that we can rectify the situation. We would love for you to give us another opportunity to wow you!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Always passed by here and finally met some friends for dinner you can call for reservations we were seated right away atmosphere was good they had live music on this night was not to loud nice bar area ordered our food did not wIt long best pork chop I ever ate mashed potatoes were very good will come back for sure

Reviewed 31 October 2017

My family and I love Trivs...especially their steak and their risotto. I am excited that the Generations Senior Living facility where I now live is taking a field trip there Nov 8 for lunch. I hope that the other residents who attend love it as much as I do!

1  Thank Isabel T
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Atmosphere nice except a little old fashion in style. Had the 12 oz rib eye steak, medium, and it was excellent. Finally a steakhouse that cooked it just right and potatoes were excellent, brussels sprouts overcooked. Needs fine tuning... better bread selection than white Orlando sliced Italian bread, and Servers that don't make you feel rushed, this is not a fast food restaurant. I get they want to be efficienct but we were half way thru our meal when two different servers asked if we were done, and our forks were still in our hands.