“Good Food, Very Busy Restaurant-Unclear Policies About Bar Seating Area”
Review of Elephant Bar - CLOSED

Elephant Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Heard the Ahi Tuna was excellent so wanted to try again after many years - We ate the bar as the place was packed early on a Saturday evening. I had the Ahi Tuna appetizer/salad with Arugula & Seaweed and it was a large serving of Salad. Tuna was not well seasoned so it didn't have that "filet mignon" type quality I crave. Could hardly distinguish the salad ingredients as the seaweed was buried in the arugula. I didn't discovered my wasabi til almost the last bite. OK I guess for the happy hour price of $10/$11 years - would not go back for it. My husband had a seafood platter - which was good. Neither meal "knocked your socks off" so I doubt we will return - too expensive for the flavor. Also was disenchanted with bar patrons being aloud to "save" seats for supposedly late arriving friends when the bar seating area is "1st come, 1st serve" however the staff said management does not give deadlines to enforce this leaving spouses/dates of some seating patrons standing next to them because a purse was occupying the available seats. I think the owners ought to serious consider installing HOOKS UNDER THE BAR for patrons to hang their purses and packages securely and within reach - especially since the restaurant is part of a shopping mall. I can understand why they wouldn't want to try and eat with their large purses/purchases in their lap or place them on a dirty floor to get stolen.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Love the Salmon. The vegetables are delightful as well as healthy. The New York Cheese Cake is the best. The waitresses and waiters are personable and real people. The first time I went to the Elephant Bar a few years ago Adrienne waited on me. It's always good to see her face.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Adrienne's familiar face and excellent customer service is a win win all the time. Servers are the heart of every business!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

If you ever need a great meal and awesome service. Then you need to go to The Elephant Bar in Toledo. The food is always great and the service is top notch. Adrienne is always our server and she is on her game every time.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The kids were staying with Grandma and Grandpa, so we caught a movie at Franklin Park and had dinner at The Elephant Bar. My wife had the Crispy Teriyaki Chicken which was good, and defiantly better quality than what you would get at a strip mall Chinese restaurant. I had the steak and shrimp, but I am not exactly sure which version I had. There were at least three different meals that involved steak and shrimp and I don’t think I got what I intended to order. The steak I was served was well seasoned, it tasted really good, but it was not the best cut of meat. It wasn't horrible, but I guess I expected better for what it cost. Overall, the service was great and the place gets lots of points for ambiance; it looked pretty cool inside. The lighting was just right; not too dark, not too bright, the temperature was just right, the music was not too loud and not too quite. Somebody planned well. And truth in advertising, they do actually have elephants over the bar. The food was good, I don't think you would get a bad meal here.