“Very good Food”

Elephant Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I went to the Elephant Bar last night 3-8-14 at 6pm we made reservations which was a good thing because they were packed. Our waitress was very nice her name was Frankie, from the time we sat down until the time we left she took very good care of our table of four.

2 of us had SHRIMP AND CHICKEN JAMBALAYA which may have been the Best Jambalaya I have ever had. 1 person had MAHI-MAHI It was excellent and a very nice size portion cooked to perfection.1 person had a Salad that she enjoyed also. I must say the food presentation was very nice on all of the dishes it looked like the Chefs took pride in the preparation of each of our dishes. We will be back soon. I do believe this is one of my top 5 choices in the Toledo Area.

Date of visit: March 2014

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Heard the Ahi Tuna was excellent so wanted to try again after many years - We ate the bar as the place was packed early on a Saturday evening. I had the Ahi Tuna appetizer/salad with Arugula & Seaweed and it was a large serving of Salad. Tuna was not well seasoned so it didn't have that "filet mignon" type quality I crave. Could hardly distinguish the salad ingredients as the seaweed was buried in the arugula. I didn't discovered my wasabi til almost the last bite. OK I guess for the happy hour price of $10/$11 years - would not go back for it. My husband had a seafood platter - which was good. Neither meal "knocked your socks off" so I doubt we will return - too expensive for the flavor. Also was disenchanted with bar patrons being aloud to "save" seats for supposedly late arriving friends when the bar seating area is "1st come, 1st serve" however the staff said management does not give deadlines to enforce this leaving spouses/dates of some seating patrons standing next to them because a purse was occupying the available seats. I think the owners ought to serious consider installing HOOKS UNDER THE BAR for patrons to hang their purses and packages securely and within reach - especially since the restaurant is part of a shopping mall. I can understand why they wouldn't want to try and eat with their large purses/purchases in their lap or place them on a dirty floor to get stolen.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Love the Salmon. The vegetables are delightful as well as healthy. The New York Cheese Cake is the best. The waitresses and waiters are personable and real people. The first time I went to the Elephant Bar a few years ago Adrienne waited on me. It's always good to see her face.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Adrienne's familiar face and excellent customer service is a win win all the time. Servers are the heart of every business!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

If you ever need a great meal and awesome service. Then you need to go to The Elephant Bar in Toledo. The food is always great and the service is top notch. Adrienne is always our server and she is on her game every time.