“Our First Visit, Food Did Not Disappoint!”
Review of Taqueria Mixteca

Taqueria Mixteca
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Trotwood
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I️ met a group of friends here on a Tuesday night. They have a decent selection of beers, domestic and import. The salsa that came with the chips were not overly spicy but definitely spicier than the other Mexican restaurants around here. Good flavor too! Since this was our first visit, we wanted to try a little bit of everything. We got four tacos (steak, chicken, pork Al Pastor and fried pork). We also got two sopes (barbacoa and chicken) and an order of rice and beans. Everything was very good and very flavorful. We weren’t disappointed in anything, but the pork al Pastor was by far the best! We will get that on whatever we order when we return.

On a side note, we did not order the super burrito, so I️ can’t say anything about the taste. I️ can tell you it is huge!! The guy at the table next to us got one and it looked like it could easily feed at least three people!!

The service was good here. Seemed like a family run place. Prices are fair. Lots to choose from on the menu. The first basket of chips and salsa are free but the menu says after that they charge $2.50. The good thing was we didn’t fill up on the chips before dinner came. We are looking forward to returning. I️ could see this place becoming a regular stop for our dinner group!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This is an AWESOME place to experience reall Mexican cuisine. Those other imitation Mexican food chains are no comparison. The price is reasonable, the portions are large and the ingredients are fresh. It's pretty tasty!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

This is a no thrills nothing fancy just delicious authentic Mexican food I love this place it's my go to whenever I'm in town. In my opinion it's the best in the city. The chimichanga is amazing as is the burrito it's huge!! The mini tacos are my favorite Mexican style!! Enjoy

Reviewed 18 July 2017

This was my first time visiting Taqueria Mexicana. I ordered the Jalisco Burrito - with chicken. One word: Awesome, Best I ever had.

The ingredients were very fresh and the taco sauce was divine. I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Very nice and clean dining room with friendly service people. Food is good and plenty of choices. Give them a try.