“Ok food, High Prices”
Review of B-K Root Beer

B-K Root Beer
Ranked #21 of 94 Restaurants in Troy
Reviewed 28 May 2017

B-K Root Beer is a Troy landmark that is beloved by many. This is perhaps the reason they are able to get away with high prices and no free refills. I mean seriously, no free refills? In 2017? If you go to B-K Root Beer you will enjoy your food. The Spanish Dog is fantastic and the rest of their fried delicacy are crispy and delightful. However, you will be nickeled and dimed for every little thing. Example: Adding jalapenos to your hot dog will cost 30 cents. 30 cents for 3 pickled jalapenos? Give me a break. For a family of 4 I would expect to spend some where in the neighborhood of $25-$35 dollars. The staff is always friendly and I have never had poor customer service. The price and no free refills are why I rated B-K average. Come one B-K, join the new millennium and loosen up on the refills.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

We absolutely LOVED their food. Slaw dog was my favorite!!!! Staff was very friendly! We will be stopping again soon!!

Reviewed 8 March 2017

I work really close to here, so I always find myself stopping here for lunch. Every single employee there is always very friendly and upbeat, definitely a welcoming enviornment.
Food is decently priced, and is so so good!

You can park your car and order (like Sonic restaurants), or you can go inside and order carrry-out or sit inside or outside.

This is a place you definitely need to stop at if you're in the area. I know I'll keep on going back!

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Been many many times over the years & always a good experience! Quick & friendly service with great food. Prices are good too! You can eat in your car, outside at a table, or inside. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 9 June 2016

It's not just a hotdog & root beer stand. They have a big variety of food options, plus you can go inside to eat or stay in your car and have the car hop serve you. The food is good, the prices are reasonable and the staff is friendly.

Been to B-K Root Beer? Share your experiences!