Murphin Ridge Inn
US$129
Four Keys Motel(Portsmouth)
US$54
Travelocity
All reviewsfire pitguest houseserpent moundsouthern ohiosmoked sausageadams countypeace and quietother guestsrocking chairs on the front porchamish bakerywalking trailsjacuzzi tubremote controlnature preserveoutdoor poolfoggy bottomking cabin
Reviewed 29 August 2016

My husband and I were in desperate need of a weekend away to do nothing but relax. Murphin Ridge Inn was the perfect place to do just that!

We stayed in one of their cabins which had a king sized bed, jetted tub and over sized shower. It was spacious and clean and just the perfect amount of secluded.

The property was beautiful with ample walking trails and other activities such as a tennis court, swimming pool and fire pit.

The food was a tad over-priced but it was certainly delicious and worth the convenience of having every meal withing a short walking distance of our cabin. My husband profusely recommends the ribs if you're lucky enough to stay on "rib night" and I recommend the wood-fired pizza.

All in all if you are looking for a secluded place to relax, you can't go wrong here!

Room Tip: The cabins are worth the cost!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We stayed at Murphin Ridge years ago when it was owned by different people. Just did a quick overnight there and it is still very nice. It looks like the facilities are starting to show wear and tear and the owners could probably be a little more careful in inspecting and keeping up. The bread was wonderful and the breakfast was great. The dinner was not special and about 1/3 more expensive than similar dinners I have had at restaurants in cities where there is competition.

Still very worth the visit.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ericbilsky
Reviewed 17 August 2016

I cannot say enough good things about Murphin Ridge Inn. We first stayed last March and absolutely loved it. The cabins are amazing, you cannot ask for anything better. The food is also wonderful. I look forward to the smoked sausage every time we visit. The ribs are also outstanding. As soon as we left last March, we immediately booked another stay for our Anniversary in August. It was nothing short of spectacular again. My wife is already bugging me about getting the next trip on the books.

Room Tip: Woodland cabins offer the closest parking.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2016

I don't usually write reviews but in this case I felt compelled. We visited Murphin Ridge (repeat customers) with a somewhat large group of friends and all of us thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

With our numbers, we were somewhat of a handful for dinner and I, in particular, wanted to thank our server Marjorie for how well she dealt with us. We couldn't have been in better hands. Thank you Marjorie for making us feel at home!

Signed,

The Gluten Free Couple

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
MurphinRidgeInn, Owner at Murphin Ridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Thank You! You were a handful OF wonderful people and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

What a wonderful place to relax. It's exactly like it sounds, a cabin in the woods with a quaint bed and breakfast.
We stayed in Fantastic Carol's king cabin. I will tell you that we've stayed in hotels a week after they've been built and this cabin was the cleanest room I've ever stayed in. It was immaculate, I spent a good amount of time pondering how they kept the cabin looking so new and so clean. Not to mention that for a cabin surround by trees and nature there was almost no bugs or mosquitos which is unbelievable for a warm August.
Our room had a king sized bed with a jacuzzi and 6 head standing shower. They provide the scented bath oils for the jacuzzi as well as your usual soaps and lotions.
The high ceiling and recliners made for an extremely welcoming stay. There was some board games and a checkers table with two recliners.
I almost forgot to mention the full front porch with two rocking chairs and a swing. We were fortunate to have a thunderstorm pass by and enjoyed a beautiful open view from the guest house and later watch from the porch.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Due to some baby sitting arrangements we had to leave a day early and they were understanding as well as accommodating and didn't charge us.
Breakfast is farm fresh including a granola and yogurt table every morning and a daily changing main meal. Dinner however is short on options due to the remote location of the facilities and a little pricey. There is a number of local options available within about a 15-20 minute drive.
If you're looking for a cabin in the woods meets bed and breakfast this is the place. They mentioned when we arrived that the provide a flashlight in room and they weren't kidding, it is indeed pitch black at night except for the star light. You truly get that alone in the woods feeling but during the day it's a nice inn with a short trip to Amish stores.
There is an Amish place called Miller's up the road that includes a bakery and a general store with a deli that makes fresh same inches to order. Adams lake state park is also nearby, I recommend stoping by and going t the back of the lake where you can see turtles and birds.
I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did! Don't forget to sign in the guest book in your room!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple