All reviews fire pit guest house serpent mound southern ohio box lunch adams county pizza night other guests amish house rocking chairs on the front porch jacuzzi tub anniversary get away main building hiking trails are thoroughly enjoyed our stay person shower nature preserve
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Amazing couples retreat. The Inn Keepers and staff were exemplary, the food was outstanding. the cabins were clean, grounds well kept. very relaxing. this is hands down the best weekend getaway we have ever had.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
MurphinRidgeInn, Manager at Murphin Ridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

We greatly appreciate your wonderful review of our Bed and Breakfast and Staff. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you are able to return again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2017

My wife and I have been going to Murphin Ridge for over 30 years and three owners. Jerry and Marjorie, the new owners are fantastic. The food is great and the service is wonderful. You will love the Cabins where they will even bring breakfast to you. You are in the heart of Amish country and there are numerous parks and shopping opportunities. It is our secret getaway.

Stayed: March 2017
MurphinRidgeInn, Manager at Murphin Ridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure to visit with you during your stay!
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2017

We had a wonderful, relaxing, great time away. This is a very nice place to stay (wish the weather would have been nicer during our time there but...still nice!) The food was EXCELLENT! Best salmon I ever had...would eat there even if I wasn't staying there...and u can do this by the way. They have different specialty items on their menu every day to change things up for the guests which is nice too. No TV or wifi in our cabin (MY Cabin) which was fine with us! Sometimes we all need a time to get away from the distractions in life and just enjoy time together. Something I which we could have done but couldn't because of the weather was enjoy the walking trails as well - next time. VERY courteous staff all around and very clean cabin. Only complaint - our hot tub didn't totally work - only two jets worked. One suggestion - we brought our laptop and a DVD along to watch a movie on there instead if you get bored. Redbox is only a few miles away.

Room Tip: Cabins don't have wifi, but rooms in the guest house and the restaurant do.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
MurphinRidgeInn, Manager at Murphin Ridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We have worked on the tub in the cabin. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 March 2017

My friends and I enjoyed a girl's weekend get-away at Murphin Ridge in May 2015. We are all from different areas of the USA. CA, IA, IL, OH, MI, PA, and GA, so we only get together once a year. We rented 3 of the cabins to accommodate all nine of us. It is so quiet and peaceful there, that the stress immediately leaves your body. We enjoyed breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning, and dinner Friday and Saturday evening. Everything that we ordered was delicious, especially the Foggy-bottom pancakes. Everyone who works there...from the owners, to the chef, to the rest of the staff, are all very friendly. I hope to visit there again one day.

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank Katherine M

Thank you so much for the review. It was a pleasure working with your group.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

This morning, I washed my face with a bar of soap I took from Murphin Ridge (don't judge me!!); as I opened the wrapper and smelled the wildflowers and honey, I was instantly transported to the most relaxing weekend of my life. That was the inspiration for this review.

I am a mother of six, working full time, in graduate school and internship for clinical counseling. My husband is a restaurant manager finishing his undergrad. To say that we are a little stressed would be a drastic understatement! So for our 7th wedding anniversary, we decided to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. We'd never heard of this place before, but the pictures looked relaxing, and we can be happy anywhere, so we gave it a shot.

OH. MY. GOODNESS!!! The pictures don't do it justice. I have NEVER seen a hotel room as pristine as our king cabin was. The wood floors, wood walls, every single centimeter of the bed, windows, bathroom were spotless. It looked like they'd been renovated the day before we checked in! The bed was a little hard, I'll admit; but the relaxation factor of COMFORTABLY lying back against my husband in a jacuzzi tub, with a glass of wine, by firelight as we watched an evening lightening storm through big, private windows cannot be captured in words, it was THAT magical!

I had an in room massage on Saturday while my husband napped. That was amazing. Later, even though it was cold, we still had a great time exploring nearby shops and the serpent mounds. And the food is amazing!!! (White Star is a great, inexpensive diner and VERY good. Also, check out the House of Phacops rock and mineral shop near Serpent Mound; really interesting stuff and a very nice owner!!)

Dining at Murphin Inn is its own wonderful experience. I didn't have a single thing I didn't like, and everyone was incredibly accommodating with my diabetic needs - although everything was so tasty, I definitely had a few bites of things that I shouldn't have! ;). The chef sincerely wants to please and will come to check on you personally while you're eating...and not because he has to. He seems to actually care what you thought and that you were happy. It was just amazing!! Definitely on your list to try should be pancakes, ribs, sunrise juice, bread pudding and their morning granola. YUM!!! The bath products provided smelled and felt amazing, and there were cookies and water in our room each morning. Overall, it was FANTASTIC...the most romantic and relaxing vacation I've ever had. I will definitely be going back!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beth M

Thank you for the kind words. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.