“Like being in New Orleans!”

A La Carte Food Tours
Ranked #4 of 20 things to do in Worthington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Culinary tours in Columbus, OH, show you what makes Columbus' hopping food scene. You'll go into back-of-the-house operations, kitchens, farms, gardens, and workshops where you'll learn about foods, ingredients, and preparation through interactive experience, hands-on activities, and, of course, tasting! Visit bakeries, ice cream shops and dairies, ethnic markets, canneries, vegan food venues, and more.
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Had a wonderful time. The food was awesome and we made some of the food too! Definitely recomend any of the tours!

All reviews
"variety"
"customers"
"event"

Reviewed 31 July 2015

My husband and I took the Ethnic Market Tour provided by Sheila Campbell. We enjoyed the afternoon learning about the various ethnic markets in the area and their specialties. We saw things that we had never seen. Each market had its own uniqueness. We both enjoyed the tour.

Reviewed 10 May 2015

I attended a Kitchen Clinic hosted by A La Carte Food Tours May 9th, 2015. The clinic was all about cake. The host Sheila Campbell was so enlightening and knowledgeable about cake!

We tasted a variety of cakes (I think 5 total!) and learned about the Chemistry and ingredients in cakes. Great tips and helpful skills were demonstrated so I know I can now make cakes from scratch and they will turn out delicious. Learned about how to make our own cake flour
out of all- purpose, how to make our own vanilla extract...

We had a range of ages in the clinic 2nd grade and up and Sheila did a great job accomodating everyone! She is an excellent presenter.

This clinic was worth the time and money - the money I will save by making my own vanilla alone!

Thanks Sheila & Ron for a great 2 hours!!

2  Thank Laura P
Reviewed 3 April 2015

Sheila is spectacular! She is so knowledgeable and arranged a tour for us in short notice. She picked us up at our hotel, traveled and nibbled our way through North Market, drove through German Village learning about the history and tasted the best fudge. Then ended our time Mead tasting with live music. It was a joy to spend the evening with her. She shared her passion, knowledge and overall gave a tremendous and worthwhile tour!! I would 100% recommend A La Carte Food Tours!

Sheila C, Owner at A La Carte Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2015

I am so glad that you and Jamie enjoyed your tour. It was a pleasure spending the evening with you.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My parents came into town recently and we went on Sheila Campbell's culinary tour of German Village. I have been living in the Village for four years. Despite this, I knew very little about my neighborhood's architectural and culinary history. Sheila did a superb job of explaining the details about things that I have come to take for granted about the area. The people she introduced us to were excellent and the sites she chose to visit really highlighted the best of the Village.

I would recommend this tour to everyone who has a free afternoon on a nice day!