“As Tony would say "They're Great!!!"”

Muddy Misers Cool River Cafe
Ranked #3 of 116 Restaurants in Zanesville
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cozy, rustic dining with outside seating available in summer. Lunch and dinner specials daily.
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Saw where they were the #1 rated in Zanesville so thought we'd give it a try. They didn't disappoint. 5 of us each got a different entree. Fish & chips, ribs, salmon, crab cakes and I got the N.Y. strip. Everyone raved about their meal. Even my Father in law who is pretty picky. He told the waitress they were the best ribs he'd ever had.
My steak was cooked just right and had a wonderful marinated flavor. I got the vegetable of the day, green beans which were also good along with a salad. Unfortunately I don't live in Zanesville so can only go occasionally.
It is a little pricey but we'll worth it.
Will definitely be back.
Good job guys and girls!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

One the banks of the Muskingum River,this restaurant is cozy and a bit old-fashioned. It's more of a neighborhood bar/eatery. Many of the patrons appear to be regulars. Service was a bit slow, the food was good, not great.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We had a nice variety of food and a few drinks. The only issue was that the waitress was training another girl so we had a little delay here and there but that is to be expected. Overall a pleasant trip and we will go again.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Traveling through Ohio on I70? Take a break from the road and have a lovely dinner at Muddy Misers.This restaurant named after a man met by Zane Gray, is a great dinner spot. We enjoyed our dinner on the patio by the river. It is 5 min or so off the interstate. Warning, if you take the first exit eastbound, the street is closed for the most direct route.
I really enjoyed the walleye ruben. My daughter had the crabcake with shrimp and muddy mac n cheese. Very good. The flat bread pizza our son ordered, was just fine. Kid friendly. My hubby had a great spinach salad with hot bacon dresssing.
They carried the local beer from Weasel boy Brewing (which is just down the street). It was a nice Mango wheat, nice and refreshing for a summer evening.

We stopped on a weekday and did not have to wait. But I imagine it could be much busier on the weekend.

BTW our server Amy was fabulous. Very friendly and helpful!

Unsure if they are open for lunch. Please check their website.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Very nice patio by the river. The short rib Philly was excellent- meat was very tender, and perfect with horseradish sauce. The crawfish poboy was also excellent- nice spicy sauce. The thin onion rings were good, but a bit greasy. Go for the half portion- it is still huge.