“Awesome bistro ”

Strayhouse Espresso and Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Clinton
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: Strayhouse is a restaurant & coffee shop right off downtown Clinton, OK. We offer light breakfast of waffles and biscuits with gravy. We offer gourmet sandwiches, soups and salads for lunch. We will start offering our lunch menu for dinner on January 19th, 2017. Strayhouse also offers a full espresso and coffee bar, as well as hand curated beer and wine options.
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped here because of the reviews on trip adviser, we were not disappointed. We ate our fill and walked away with happy tummies without breaking the bank, we each had something different and we all sampled each others order, there wasn't anything that we didn't like, the menu isn't huge but the flavors are, we will stop here again then we are in town.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

An afternoon stop on Rt 66 to take Main Street photos prompted a walk and coffee break.
The look of the place would put some coffee houses in Brooklyn to shame.
The coffee and tea were great and the staff were excellent.
Pastries we're fresh even though we stopped late in the afternoon.
All in all worth a walk around the corner.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here again as we traveled from Chicago to Santa Fe and the Strayhouse did not disappoint. At first I was unhappy to learn that the delicious salad I'd had on our first trip here was no longer on the menu. The host explained that they change the menu seasonally and the menu did seem completely different. Instead, I had another fabulous salad - this time of arugula, blood oranges, blackberries, goat cheese and quinoa with added chicken. While I had initially questioned the inclusion of quinoa, it worked beautifully. And the vinaigrette was exquisite. These folks are brilliant at flavor combinations! My husband opted for the tomato bisque and it was so good I found myself wishing I had ordered some too. As an aside, just. before we came in, about a dozen hospital staff stopped for lunch (they obviously knew the best place for fresh, healthy food). In spite of the rather large crowd converging at once, the service was very quick and we received our food in about 10 minutes. We plan to stop here again and again. I can't wait to see what other culinary delights the Strayhouse conjures up for other seasons.

1  Thank GoAnywhere_1
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Found this fabulous cafe on Trip Advisor on our trip from MO to CA. Loved everything about this funky place.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch based on Trip Advisor reviews. Boy, were they spot on. Great, great, great food! Real food, not the usual off-the-highway garbage that is often all you can find at the chain restaurants. I had a huge strawberry/chicken salad with asparagus and a balsamic dressing; my husband had a chicken salad sandwich (the Verano). Both were excellent and the portions were huge. We also had excellent coffee but we were too full to try any of the lovely-looking desserts. Cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. It's so much more than just a coffee shop.

1  Thank GoAnywhere_1