“My room is definitely not the one shown in the pictures”
Review of Glancy Motel

Glancy Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Clinton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 December 2015

The room I got was definitely not the room in the pictures shown.

I saw 2 cockroaches in the room. One immediately slithered back into the wooden cabinet after seeing me. I did not care for them much as long as they stay on the floor and did not crawl up to my bed or my personal belongings. Guess what? One of them did. The AC/heater unit was so loud, and I couldn't get a good sleep. I woke up at 3:40AM. I looked at my cell phone on the nightstand and found a small roach roaming on it. Gross.

The bed sheet had at least 3 holes in it. Someone must had burnt their cigarettes in it.

The bath towels and hand towels had stains on it. All towels looked worn and were never replaced. The TV stand, cabinets, nightstands were old. I opened each drawer and each of them had stains in every one of them.

There were 2 power switches next to restroom wall. One of them turned the bathroom light on. That one gave me a shock each time I turned on the switch. I tried to carefully flick on the switch to avoid getting shock. No, it didn't work. The switch requires a bigger force to turn it on. I must have gotten at least 3 shocks during my 1 night stay there.

Each time I flushed the toilet, the water came out from the pipes, but no worries, it's clean water coming out from the pipe before going into the toilet.

The sink had no stopper so I had to hold my contact lenses carefully otherwise it would get washed down the drain.

The room looked cold, uninviting.

I complained to the motel manager about roaches and its unsanitary conditions. I told the manager that I would go complain to the government agency. She said go ahead.

For the price I paid, I could have gotten other motels in the area. In addition, other motels provide free breakfast.

Glancy had no breakfast, no pool, no fitness facility. It did have wifi but I never tried it.

Room Tip: Check out the rooms first
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 August 2015

Despite not so good review on tripadvisor I decided to take a chance and book a room in this motel. We have welcome by a very friendly front desk personal who also helped us to guide the way to our next destination. The room was really nice, neat, clean and has all basic amenities including a mini fridge for our food and beverages. Bathroom was modern with clean bath tub and fresh towels. I am impressed, and I would like to recommend anyone who plan to stay in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for the room close to the lobby
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank V6570mark
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

The motel had a very nice rooms and even the cleanliness of room was very good and the guy on the front dest was very friendly and also a newely renovated the bathrooms its was a very good experience to stay over there.. Also visited few months back but this was a very good experience of stay at this motel everything is new in good in rooms..peacefully sleept...

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2015

we stay there couple of time n the everytime we go we get new remodel rooms nice bath rooms clean n the oweners r so friendly will always stay here spending less n getting more n we r getting more attention we deserve will love n recommend to all go there n check it out

Room Tip: will always choose the rooms opposite office
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2015 via mobile

My family was heading west on a vacation and our car broke down on the interstate. We were towed into clinton ok and this motel was where our tow truck driver dropped us off. It was the only motel within walking distance to the mechanic. Our first room 102 has no less than 100 bugs on one of those sticky traps next to the mini fridge. The bathroom faucet handles were broken. The bathtub was gross. We were given a different room when my son found a live scorpion on the floor. Our second room was better but not by much. The tub was actually white but there wasn't a security lock on the door. Nothing was clean. Spend an extra 15 a night and go to one of the other hotels across town. We walked to one after spending a night here.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends