“Route 66 hotel”
Review of Glancy Motel

Glancy Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Clinton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 October 2017

The room was very spacious and the bed was comfortable. The location, the weekly renters, and the outside made me a little creeped out. The owner of the did walk me to my room and made sure I was comfortable before he left. And told me he was rat here if I needed anything. If your a couple with a male figure then I would suggest staying here if you are a older lady by yourself I would think real hard about it. I was very tired so I stopped here. There is no coffee if you want some

Room Tip: Up front by the lobby across the parking lot as that is where the office is
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 September 2017

While on Route 66, we booked this hotel & prepaid. We arrived around 10:00 p.m. The property is a bit sketchy looking at first glance with the signage not lit well as many of the bulbs were burned out. The proprietor was extremely friendly, but the hotel lobby was uninviting; dusty; no ambiance. We got into the room & while it was clean there was a tear in the bed sheet. When this was mentioned to the host, (he spoke with my husband while he was unloading our luggage) the problem was fixed immediately. A housekeeper came over and she & the host changed the bedding even that late. We appreciated the effort; however, there was no mention of morning coffee or anything else; the room while newly renovated; had been poorly done. It was explained all rooms were being redone but they should be done without cutting corners. The property looks sadder in daylight. Run down. The owner gets an A for effort, but it's doubtful we'd stay there again. We noticed there were a few other hotels up the road that looked a bit more better taken care of. When people of non-American roots buy up properties like this, they need to understand that higher standards are expected.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I found ourselves needing a place close to home to stay for a few days. The manager was very sweet and accommodating. He walks you to the room, and makes sure everything is up to parr. He is friendly. The outside of the hotel could detour you from staying, but don't let it. As they say, don't judge a book by its cover. The rooms are very nice. Beds are nice and neat, the bathroom is clean and great lighting. Overall the room itself is great. The manager was very helpful and polite. The housekeeper promptly brought us fresh towels, upon request. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank you to all the staff here at the Glancy Hotel. We enjoyed our stay!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

My stay at the Glancy Motel was horrible. The room we were given was filthy. When I took off the comforter there was fresh blood, stains and cigarette holes on the sheets. There were also alive cockroaches in the bathroom. I was awake the whole night due to sounds that I believe were gunshots. There were cars that constantly came in and out and some didn't stay long while others were kept running. When I went to return my key at 8:30 in the morning, no one was present. I advise you to NEVER stay at this Motel, while others in town are cheaper and have to be better than the Glancy Motel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2017

this was a very schetcy motel, if i had not pre-paid we would not have stayed here, go else where . stay away, most of the motel was shut down and the office was a wrech, in a very shady part of town.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple