“On a downhill slide”

Add it.
Cafe Downtown Clinton
Ranked #15 of 37 Restaurants in Clinton
Reviewed 8 November 2016

I have eaten lunch at this place many times. It is in an older downtown building with character. Unfortunately, over the last several visits, the food and service have been on a decline. For instance, during my last visit, I ordered a Reuben sandwich plate. While eating the first half of my sandwich, I noticed that there was very little meat on the sandwich and a bunch of sauerkraut. As I bit into the second half of the sandwich, I noticed that there was less that half a teaspoon of meat! What a rip-off! Then I happened to remember the angry looks that I had received from the staff (they were all sitting at a table eating), and I had arrived at 12:45 pm at the end of the lunch rush. I also recalled that I had felt staff hostility during prior visits. You may ask why I had kept coming back...? They have good pie for dessert! If I am willing to brave the staff hostility and come again, it will be for pecan or butttermilk pie only!

Reviewed 24 September 2016

We spent a bit of time at the Cafe. The weekly card ladies had just about cleaned out the pies. No worried. Two of us and a few pieces left. Just sit down and talk and take it easy in Clinton OK and you will find friendly folks.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

I eat at this restaurant several times a month for lunch. They have daily lunch specials, the regular menu and awesome homemade pies. They are quick, nice atmosphere and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

I read a previous review about unfriendliness and bland pie and did not get that at all. They were brisk but kind. As busy as they are, they have to MOVE and they do. I had the coconut pie and it was delicious. The forks and other utensils are right between where you order and where you pick up your food. My first visit, I had the Reuben with a deviled egg and pie. I was amused that you could get either chips or the deviled egg and a pickle. I have never see that before. I found both yummy. The Reuben had just the right amount of sauce, sauerkraut, and a generous helping of meat. My coworkers wanted to go back the next day for the Friday special. We had enchiladas and cup of tortilla soup. It was perfect for a rainy day.

1  Thank NesofOklahoma
Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

We heard a lot about this place, so we stop by and try. The crew are not so friendly. We greeted them good morning, they just look at us and as if they didn't see us. We ordered anyway. Their pie taste bad. Bland . They didn't even offer us spooon/fork. My husband went to the lady to ask for one. The store smells like an old closet and their vents are gross.