All reviews front desk nice hotel local eateries late in the evening first floor comfortable bed indoor pool family reunion hie motel tornado lodging pet houston clerk freeway
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Pros: Nice large clean room, well-furnished. Friendly staff. Standard free HI Express breakfast. Comfortable bed.

Cons: Internet didn't work. No free electrical outlets near bed -- had to move furniture and unplug clock in order to have an outlet. The room AC was set very cold, and when we turned on the heat to warm up the room, there was a terrible odor. There is limited parking in front of the hotel, but lots of parking in the back, Unfortunately, you cannot enter the hotel from the back. Had to walk around to the front in the rain. Street access to the hotel is confusing and it is difficult to turn left onto the main road from the hotel. And as others have mentioned, there is a dicey-looking motel right in front of and next to the Holiday Inn. Coffee condiment packets in the room had been previously opened and items were missing.

The hotel wasn't bad, but next time I stay in Guthrie I will try somewhere else.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OKCGO General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We use all feedback for training and to make improvements where we can.

Safe travels on the rest of your journey.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here overnight on our way to Texas. The pictures of this place are a bit deceiving. There is a pretty dicey looking motel that is in the same parking lot and a closed restaurant across the parking lot. I requested a room on the main level as we have had issues with long waits for elevators in hotels in the past. We were given a handicap accessible room on the first floor. We did not request this. The shower was at a four foot level unless you unhooked it and held it during your whole shower. My 6’5” husband and I didn’t appreciate this. The bed was comfortable. We didn’t have the breakfast at the hotel as we left before it started. The price for this room was one of the cheapest during our trip.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OKCGO General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. Unfortunately we have a limited number of rooms on the first floor with several being handicap. There is a second place in the handicap shower to hand the shower at a higher level.
Safe travels.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We stayed the weekend of March 2 - 3, 2018. We reserved and paid for our room in January 2018. When we arrived on Friday, March 2 the hotel was fully booked, and even though we had reserved a nonsmoking room the only room left was a smoking room. I and my husband do not smoke so this was very distressing. No other rooms were available at Holiday Inn or any surrounding hotels. We had arrived late in the evening after an 11-hour commute from Illinois, so we had no choice but to stay in the room. I was told by the front desk person, Larry, that he would leave a message for his manager regarding the discrepancy. Well, this note got "covered up" and was never resolved. We had to leave early the next morning for an event and did not return to the hotel until 3:30 pm on Saturday. At that time the manager was no longer at the facility and when the front desk person, Emmett, contacted her by phone her reply was "Oh well, they stayed so they have to be charged" and had no other solution. She was no help whatsoever!! I will not stay at another Holiday Inn Express nor will I recommend any family or friends stay at one of these facilities. Not only was our reservation messed up, the room was dusty, smelled horrible, and the cleaning done by staff was nonexistent. We stayed 2 nights and the floor had not been vacuumed, was still dusty, sink not cleaned - the only thing that was done was to have the beds made and some of the towels replaced. On the morning after the second night of our stay the water in the shower would go cold and just stop, only to restart again at a scalding hot temperature! I do not blame the staff, I blame the management. This poor customer service and quality of work only comes from the top. Again, I would recommend this facility to anyone!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jjmeyer24
OKCGO General M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear jjmeyer24
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express GUTHRIE NORTH EDMOND.
I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here multiple times passing through. Our room was great, the front desk clerk when we checked in late in the evening was very accommodating, and breakfast was very good. We especially like it that there is someone continuously cleaning off tables and replenishing the breakfast choices. We have not brought our dog along the last few times, but when we did the room wasn’t nearly as nice. Not sure if they have improved overall or the pet rooms aren’t as nice, but it has improved in the last couple years.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OKCGO General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thanks for the great feedback! We look forward to being your hotel choice the next time you are in Guthrie, OK.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I almost gave this property only 3 or I could have given it all 5 except for the seedy motel in the parking lot. What's up with that? I parked on the HIE property but was closer to an occupied room in the motel. The occupants were sitting out front on plastic chairs drinking canned beer an obviously intoxicated. What a sight! I went to dinner and parked on the other side of the HIE.
Everything with HIE was what I expected except...why the hell would HIE build a hotel and leave that dump motel in the parking lot??? This will not be where I stay when in Guthrie again.

Date of stay: October 2017