“A worthy successor to Applebee's.”

I Don't Care Bar and Grill
Ranked #37 of 132 Restaurants in Muskogee
Price range: US$5 - US$29
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Why the title? Because this location was a former Applebee's.

"Where do you want to go for dinner?"
"I don't care."

Ever had that happen to you? Frustrating! But now when your friend/spouse/co-worker says, "I don't care," take them to the I Don't Care Bar and Grill. This review is for the Muskogee location, but there is also an I Don't Care in Catoosa.

My family and I were in Muskogee the other day and were intrigued by the restaurant name, so we HAD to try it--and we're very glad we did. Great food, good service, warm atmosphere...just the place to take friends and family.

I Don't Care is more of a casual dining restaurant than a family restaurant (such as Denny's or Shoney's), and the food reflects it. I had the pork chop with loaded mashed potatoes, my wife ordered the chicken salad, and our son ordered (what else?) chicken strips and fries. The pork chop was wonderful--I love pork chops and will order them whenever I get a chance--the mashed potatoes were *definitely* loaded, and I could have made a meal just on the dinner salad I ordered (a dinner salad is available as a side; two sides come with the meal). Our chicken-strip-connoisseur son thoroughly enjoyed his dinner, and my wife's chicken salad was HUGE. She almost didn't finish it.

The service? Good without hovering. I hope we get that waitress the next time we go.

There is a bar, but we didn't order from it.

If you go there, steaks include a ribeye, sirloin and flatiron; there's also a ribeye sandwich (which I will try the next time we go). I Don't Care isn't cheap; my pork chop was one of the less-expensive entrees at $13.99, but you definitely get your money's worth and then some. They have lunch specials from 11-4, but as far as I could tell, they do not offer brunch.

Before I forget, drinks include Pepsi products, and they do sweet tea right (just so you know, my idea of sweet tea is something that can be used on pancakes when you run out of syrup).

In a nutshell: We will be back. Many times.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Went in for a quick bite during the middle of the week. Service was friendly, food was a perfect light meal and arrived quickly, and the beer was nice and cold. Sally did an amazing job with everything.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Very nice place with home made food. I had the pork chop and it was fabulous!! I would eat there in a heart beat if we were staying in town last longer.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

The food was done to perfection. Generous portions. Best catfish ever! Loved the grilled flavor of the burger. Wonderful, friendly service. Recently opened restaurant.