“Don't stay here if you are handicapped.”

Muskogee Inn and Suites
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Muskogee
Reviewed 7 September 2015

I booked this location after assurances that I would have handicap room and access. I was given a room on the first floor adjacent to handicap parking. However when I tried to park I found that the handicap patprking was occupied by a car without handicap plates or placard. I was forced to park in a lot a block away and with great difficulty made my way to my room. I complained to the front desk only to learn that the car in question was owned by the family who ran the hotel. Even though I explained my need they refused to move the car and offered no apologies. When I asked to cut my stay short I was told that since I had prepaid there was no refund for the remaining time on the reservation. I wanted the Muskogee police to ticket the vehicle but was told they could not enforce handicap parking on private property! Totall frustrated and unable to get my specific needs met, I left and found lodging at another hotel in town. I would give this place zero stars if possible. I would also ask everyone who reads this to carefully consider giving business to an establishment who so blatantly disregards the needs of the disabled and handicapped.

Room Tip: They have wifi according to website but the coverage and signal strength were too weak to be usable.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim K

Reviewed 19 August 2015

There's three main reasons for that:

1) The room had an intense disinfectant smell. Strong, unpleasant.
2) The internet works, but not very well. Long wait for page refreshes, the network dropped out entirely numerous times.
3) Only one of our two room keys worked. When I went to the desk to fix that, the man that came out (not the one who checked me in) did not like the way I dropped the non-working card on the counter and let me know about it no uncertain terms. Angry man, and over nothing. That key card worked, but then the first one didn't, but there's no way I'm going back to that desk again to ask for anything. (Including to ask for a room to rent! Should I find myself in the area again, I'll go to one of the other nearby hotels, not this one.)

On the plus side: the bed was firm and comfortable. The lady who checked me in was nice enough, too. I guess we've come to a time when anything that costs under $100 is a "budget" room, so I guess this qualifies as that.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2015

right on the highway, clean and new construction, cheaper than the 'better' hotels nearby but just as nice and safe, perfect for a road trip stop. a few fast food places around. the staff could've been friendlier, as there might have been breakfast but i wasn't told at checkin.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2015

First time user of this establishment. Room was clean and comfortable. One of the best showers I've found in a long time. Plenty of hot water and pressure. Nice amenities in the room: iron, ironing board, microwave, mini-fridge, and the usual coffee maker and hair dryer. All at a decent price.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

We booked through a third party and I just wanted somewhere to sleep that was comfortable. We got a really good rate, so I was a little worried... We pulled in and the area seemed safe. The front desk people were really nice. I got to the room and found a spotless, wonderful oasis. The furniture was in mint condition, and EVERYTHING was perfect. This was the best value I have ever encountered!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple