“Not Pet Friendly”

Muskogee Inn and Suites
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Muskogee
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I was told this was a pet friendly hotel and as I worked in for breakfast in the morning there were 3 elderly customers sitting and conversing over coffee. One of them got up and talked to your Staff, which was a man, at the front desk and they all left.
Then waited about 5min and told me my special pet cannot be in here. I told him there is no sign that does not permit pets. I asked him was it because the one of the elders commented? He said yes, I told him that was not right.
The same man that worked behind the front desk walked around barefoot no shoes or socks on. That was disgusting.
I am not a complainer but that was embarrassing to be kicked out while other where eating.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I went with my husband to Muskogee for a week while he processed deploying soldiers. It was last minute, and we had no place for our dogs. We called the hotel, and to our delight, they were pet friendly. For the price, I was expecting less than good, but it was extremely nice. It was very, very clean, a really good sized room, and all the decor was updated. We put this place on our list of must stay places for Gruber trips.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We booked this motel last min and late at night. We were checked in promptly and by a friendly member off the staff. The room was very nice and spacious. Very clean and the bed was comfortable. I would recommend this motel for anyone traveling to Muskogee Ok.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Nothing real fancy here, just nice clean rooms at a real good price. Very light breakfast is provided, and our room had fridge and microwave. Service at front desk was a little sparse and disorganized, but nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Friend and I were staying for one night, we called ahead earlier in the day to let them know that we were not going to come in town until closer to midnight due to our travel schedule. Even with call ahead they charged our card at 4 PM. The card we had used to hold the room was not the card we had planned on paying with, this created some budget issues for the rest of our trip. When we called about why our room was charged so early they told us that it was a Hotels.com policy to charge early, which as a repeat customer of hotels.com I I know that's not the truth. They argued with me for a while and eventually I didn't have a choice but to just deal with it, they said they would refund that card once we arrived at the hotel. When we finally did arrive they did allow us to pay with a different card and refund the original card, although it'll still be three business days for the money shows back up in that account. It was also an interesting time in the lobby because it seems like we at a slumber party since all four people that were working behind the desk were clearly in their pajamas. When we got to our room it was wrong, we had booked two doubles and we were given one king. Went back to the desk to complain and they told us they had no other rooms available they were completely booked, and we will just have to deal. At this point, because they saw how upset we were they offered to bring in a blowup mattress for us although they refused to give us any kind of refund stating that it was a problem with Hotels.com and that because of their fees they were unable to give us any kind of discount. Again I happen to know this is not true as a repeat customer hotels.com. This hotel seems to blame everything on the website instead of taking responsibility for their own actions. The summer party continued with the same pajama clad workers who came to the room and blew up the mattress for us but in doing so they had to rearrange all of the furniture and moved all of our belongings even when we offered to move them for them they wouldn't let us! The entire process was infuriating and absolutely asinine. That being said if you don't mind the rude and inappropriate staff, odd practices, and a lobby that smells strongly of curry, the room is clean and well-kept and the property seems to be in nice repair.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends