“Local Favorite”
Review of My Place Bar-b-Que

My Place Bar-b-Que
Ranked #5 of 132 Restaurants in Muskogee
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

My Place is a local institution. 50 years +. Family owned The menu is consistent- ribs, sliced or chopped beef- smoked chicken- Beans. Fries. Slaw. Thick Toast - not fancy but good food. All Meat is smoked on sight . Fries are crispy and delicious

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

My Place is a Muskogee tradition. They're known for their delicious dry rub pork ribs & special recipe sauces (mild & hot). If you like ribs, BBQ Bologna, brisket sandwiches, & smoked chicken...don't drive by My Place.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

recently had lunch at my place on the west side. as always the food was good and the place was packed.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

I had the hot link dinner. Wouldn't get it again. Could have sworn it was really polish sausage. Also did not like everything being thrown onto the plate. You get fries and beans with every dinner--no choice unless you want to pay extra. I would have preferred the beans in a small bowl instead of being thrown in there with the fries. My husband, however, got the ribs which were really good. If I go there again, that's what I will get.

Reviewed 19 April 2016

Must have REALLY improved in the last few years as these both {east and west side of town} have been a joke amoung locals for YEARS. Notice when your car out of your car that you smell NOTHING! And this is a BBQ place? Shouldn't you smell at least a TINY bit of smoke? Unless you still have a cigarette in your mouth, there is NO smoke. FIRST warning. Go inside and the "cuteness" overwhelms you, Boutique look straight from a BBQ JOINT Catalog, issue 7, Printed in 1980. Second warning. Smell that delectable smoky aroma of good, fresh BBQ? Would really be nice, wouldn't it? So would BBQ that had actually ever seen ANY smoke. Boiled meat and store bought sauce and sides straight from the can and usually heated up. MMM! Just like you get at Famous Dave's and every other chain or franchise. To get so many GREAT! and WONDERFUL! reviews, either they have SIGNIFICANTLY changed or Merle was VERY wrong about what they smoke in Muskogee. Admitttedly, it has been years since I wasted my hard earned money at either one of these establishments, friends still tell me that is as good as it ever was. Third warning. Boiled meats, barely heated sides and decor made in Japan but portrayed as "down home old fashioned COUNTRY", makes these just another age old ripoff. The locals know exactly where to go for REAL Q, and you should too.