Free cancellation until 05/08
US$75
US$51
US$81
Hotwire.com
All reviewsgovernor's suitecourse dinnerchocolate covered strawberriesjacuzzi tubanniversary triplarge persongorgeous homehour tripcandlelight dinnerlarge bathroomvalentine's daythe prime rib dinnerdietary needscarrot soufflebreakfast was amazingwonderful weekendan excellent job
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Staying in the Governor's Suite was a first rate experience. The Jacuzzi tub was relaxing, the balcony swing charming, and the elegant candlelight dinner was exquisite. We have already made reservations to once again enjoy Hayes house.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2017

For Valentine's Day this year, I took my wife to our first B&B--Hayes House in Muskogee. We rented the Governer's Suite and had the whole house to ourselves. The decor and the room were exquisite! We are not historians in the least, but the attention to detail and the various old-time displays really were neat. They had a parlor with an old piano that I really enjoyed as well.

The highlight of the experience, however, was the five-course meal. It was one of the best meals we've ever had! Purely delicious! We had the steak option and it was all fantastic! Our favorite items were the carrot souffle and the palate cleanser.

The breakfast was great as well. The owner(s) is/are extremely nice. We didn't get to meet the Mrs., but the gentleman and his granddaughter were truly a delight.

Room Tip: Go for the Governor's Suite!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
historichayeshouse, Owner at Hayes House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Your being with us was such a joy. We look forward to having you back at Hayes House.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

My wife and I stayed in the Governor's suite for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. I splurged and purchased the full package which included dinner. The food, in my opinion, was the highlight of our stay. Jim and Jeanine are excellent cooks or I should say chefs. All I can say is this is some of the best food that we've eaten in a long time and if you can afford it, I highly recommend eating the 5 course dinner there. You won't regret it. The breakfasts were phenomenal as well. The house was clean and took you back in time. This was our first B & B stay and I have to say if we ever stay at a different one, they will have some high standards to live up to after spending time at the Hayes House. Thanks Jim and Jeanine for the memories.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
historichayeshouse, Owner at Hayes House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

It was such a joy to have you with us. Our conversations were very intriguing.

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

Hayes House is a grand and charming escape from the everyday. Beautifully furnished with antiques from a bygone era. Jim is a gracious host and excellent cook, breakfast was delicious! For my wife and I it was a short journey from Tulsa. We stayed in the Governor's Suite which had a jacuzzi bathtub, sitting room, relaxing porch swing, and a fridge fully stocked with soft drinks and water.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
historichayeshouse, Owner at Hayes House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

So enjoyed having you stay with us. Look forward to you coming back.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

We spent one night in this beautiful home and enjoyed it very much. We stayed in the First Lady's suite. The pros- it's very pretty, large bath tub, stocked refrigerator (drinks) and very homey. Cons- bed was very firm and queen size (we prefer King size), and this is a very old house so you will hear any and all noises. The neighborhood seems sketchy but we had no problems. We sat on the back deck and enjoyed the beautiful weather with a bottle of champagne. The food was great- don't eat before you come because the portions are large and delicious.
I would recommend this to friend.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
historichayeshouse, Owner at Hayes House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

We were so pleased to have you stay at Hayes House. So sorry about the size of the bed. The bed was made in the 1800s so queen size or king size was not an option. I had to extend the bed to make a queen size mattress fit it, but king size was not possible because of the width of the headboard. Stepping back in time does have its downside. Your comments were kind and very appreciated.