“A Good Typical Courtyard”
Review of Courtyard Norman

Courtyard Norman
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 8 August 2016

While a little difficult to get to, the service, price and facilities make it worth while. Staff is very good. Facilities are typical for a Courtyard, with bar, fitness center and near by restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony are very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Jenny H, General Manager at Courtyard Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Hello wlgolfer!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Courtyard Norman. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received excellent service from our team. I will be sure to share your comments with them! We appreciate you choosing our hotel and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Norman.

Kindest regards,
Jenny Hankins

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

I spent my long stay of 30 days in this property.

Rooms are huge and very clean. All modern amenities available. They do have nice small restaurant with limited food option. This is adjacent to few restaurants so you will not be disappointed.

They do provide lockers. They do have self laundry machines which are useful for long stay.

Small store available within hotel.

Overall very good and safe property and do not hesitate to stay.

Cons:

No complimentary breakfast

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Jenny H, General Manager at Courtyard Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Dear Amit S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent long-term stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay us. We appreciate you choosing our Courtyard for your lodging needs and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Norman.

Kindest Regards,
Jenny Hankins

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Regarding the hotel: it is a great location for shopping, restaurants and proximity to OU. The exterior of the property looks a little tired and dated compared to other hotel chains immediately surrounding it. Interior has been recently updated and looks like any other standard Courtyard. My room was clean, however, the mattress was terrible. After pulling back the fitted sheets it was obvious that the mattresses had not been replaced in quite awhile.

I am loyal to Marriott hotels. It is my preferred brand everywhere I stay. I travel often and rarely ask for an upgrade- which is a complimentary benefit because I'm a Gold Elite member.
As stated on Marriott's website: "Complimentary Room Upgrades: Based on room availability at check-in and limited to a Member's personal guestroom. Upgrades may include rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites. All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis, as determined at the time of check-in."

I reserved a 2Queen room. When I checked in I asked if there were any 2Queen rooms available that also included a sleeper sofa since my oldest son decided to join us. I was informed there were some available and I politely requested to be upgraded to that room. I felt it was not an unreasonable request. The sweet girl at the front desk was new, she did try her best to accommodate me. She called her manager and told them I was a Gold Elite member and would like a room with a sleeper sofa. The manager said I could not upgrade because I booked the room using a military/govt rate. My husband is in the military, I work for the govt, we always use this rate and it has never been an issue. The manager stated that I would have to pay the difference to upgrade to a room with a sleeper sofa. In my opinion, this is an example of poor management.
My son was not joining us until the next day, so I checked out and stayed the next two nights across the road at another hotel chain. I travel to OKC/Norman frequently and I will not be staying here again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to see we did not meet your expectations during your stay -- or ours. While your experience was not the norm, your review has been shared with our management team so that this is an isolated incident.

We hope we have the opportunity to improve your experience the next time you visit Norman.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Good size room and comfortable bed and linens. A/C did not work properly, the maintenance staff was told and failed to repair it, making the room uncomfortable sleeping for two nights. Would try to stay at another hotel in the future.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2016

We drove here from Denison, barely missed another tornado today when we visited family in Noble,OK. Getting here was a welcome relief and a perfect respite from the earlier excitement! Upon arrival , the front desk associate,Tara, was great. My wife is very allergic to feathers and so we had requested "no feathers" in our room with our reservation. Because there was not certainty about the feathers,Tara volunteered to accompany my wife and I to the room to physically check the pillows and comforter. This personal attention was very unusual and greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: The lobb and first floor rooms have been recently renovated and are beautiful!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family