“Great Fresh Seafood In A Chain Restaurant Atmosphere”

Sam's Southern Eatery
Ranked #180 of 1,712 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

When i walked in to Sam's my first thought was "oh no it's a chain restaurant". But when the food comes to the table you forget about everything else. Jumbo shrimp that taste fresh from the gulf. Crispy most catfish filets. Homemade sides. You order at the counter and then they bring it to your table. Very good prices as well.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

We came for lunch and was pleasantly surprised by this new seafood eatery -the food was fresh and had healthy portions and the servers were very friendly!We will definitely return!
Kimberly Brown

Reviewed 28 January 2017

Sam's took over the location of a longtime Asian restaurant and it was very pleasant. I had the chicken livers, my wife the fried catfish. Very generous portions and the food is good, including the sides. Drink refills a little slow but it was our servers first week and it was a busy night. Looking forward to trying some other menu items.

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Being from Shreveport, I expected a lot from this place that bears the same name. I had the #30- 3 fish, 3 shrimp, 3 chicken tenders. Sam's customarily gives an Extra of everything, so it was 4 of each. I had the fish and Shrimp fried and the chicken grilled, red beans and rice and Mac n cheese for sides. Usually a lemon would accompany seafood to add zest but was missing. So tartar and cocktail sauce, La hot sauce and ketchup as condiments. Minus the bland grilled chicken and red beans, the food was comparable to Shreveport. Nice friendly staff. What needs works is the cleanliness of the inside and the presentation of the bottles left room for improvement.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

1st visit, but will be coming back for more. I had the 6 pc grilled fish dinner with red beans & rice & green beans. Wife had fried catfish & grilled shrimp with green beans & cole slaw. The grilled fish & grilled shrimp was very good, the fried catfish was some of the best I have had in a LONG time ( thick big & juicy). The cole slaw was really good as well. The green beans were ok as was the red beans & rice. I want to try the Jumbo shrimp next time. Great prices & quickly served as well. We went at lunch time and place was pretty busy. We will be BACK 4 MORE!!