“Really nice buffet!”
Review of Cajun King

Cajun King
Ranked #132 of 1,746 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I was pleasantly surprised at this buffet - with the mixed reviews, I wasn't expecting much. It was really pretty good. The catfish they brought out was excellent, and the rest of the buffet was on point. Servers were friendly and efficient. The bread pudding with caramel sauce is a great way to end the meal - and it's included on the buffet!

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Sweet staff, friendly, attentive. Spent $23 for two buffets and water. Nothing fancy or new but it's full of Mardi Gras beads and playing jazz. You choose your favorite from buffet. Staff serves a plate of piping hot fried fish strips with a sweet sauce and beignets at your table. My husband loved the gumbo, crawfish etouffee, jambalaya, red beans and rice. I enjoyed the collard greens, red beans and rice, gravy from the gumbo over rice, oven roasted chicken and bread pudding. Warning just drizzle the sauce because can you say hooooeeeee sweet! The fried chicken was dried, hubby was not a fan of blackened chicken, blackened fish, or frog legs. We both agreed the French donuts lacked much flavor other than old grease with multiple odors of fried food. All in all we had enough to eat of what we liked. I'm more or a fresh food eater not fried. The gumbo and ettoufee were spicy but we like spicy. The hubby can go back with the guys, I did notice they have a steady flow of customers and the hostess greeted quite a few by name. Nice, very nice!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We went there for the first time on the recommendation of relatives. We loved it. This is real Cajun food, well done and plentiful. It is a buffet, but they also bring stuff to the table during the meal, all included in the one price. Excellent beignets were served and also a plate of catfish strips, which is thin slices of catfish filet fried and served with a lemon sauce -- wonderful! The hostess, waitress and others were very friendly, exuding a family atmosphere. All the food was very good, from etouffe to frogs legs, fried chicken, roast chicken, gumbo, all the good stuff. It was thoroughly enjoyable and I look forward to returning. I am delighted to recommend this place without hesitation.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My children and I visit this restaurant weekly and we LOVE it!! Not only are we treated like family, the food is consistently wonderful! The service is extraordinary and the warm feeling of home is the norm here. I hope they stay around forever!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I am totally speechless! Everything was perfectly seasoned! Best food i have ever had in a buffet setting! Super friendly staff! Thanks Cajun King!