“Great seafood ”

Trapper's Fish Camp
Ranked #22 of 1,764 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Trappers offers a truly unique backwoods fishing lodge atmosphere. It is located in the Reno/Meridian Hotel-Airport corridor, near the Fairgrounds. Trappers has been the "Horsemen's and Horsewomen's Headquarters" for over a decade. A 12 ft. Tall Kodiak bear greets customers as they enter the dining room filled with game trophies, authentic Indian canoes, and a live alligator tank. Favorites, along with signature mesquite grilled seafood dishes, are the blackened prime rib, mesquite grilled steaks, quail, and prime pork chops.
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

We stopped in for a late lunch. We were seated right away. Our server was very nice and answered all of our questions. We started out with calamari and a bowl of gumbo. The calamari was excellent and the gumbo was the best I have had outside of from Southern Louisiana. Then we shared a Fishcamp Combo. We were glad that we decided to share because it was s large portion. The food was great and the service was great also. We will come here again.

FunFresh5641, Owner at Trapper's Fish Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Just what I like to hear! Thanks for the review! Come back and see us!

Reviewed 30 May 2016

Maybe it was our timing, but our experience at Trapper's was not good. We hoped to enjoy their great looking luncheon menu, but it's not available on weekends. We decided to eat in the bar area because of it's rule of over 21yo only. Our bartender did an outstanding job of serving us. Outside a very nice salad on a chilled plate, our food was not good. The part of my blackened redfish that was not overcooked was good, the rice was bad. My wife's blackened chicken pasta was not very good either and her chicken was burned. We liked the decor and loved the service, but probably won't go back.

FunFresh5641, Owner at Trapper's Fish Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Thanks so much for coming in guys. We are sorry to hear about your food though. Please contact us at funfresh@swbell.net as we would love to see what we can do to make it right. Thanks for the feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Every time I come to OKC, I try to eat at Trapper's. Food is always great. This time I tried the BBQ Shrimp Skewers, and they were fabulous. The grilled flavor of the shrimp was so great that they really did not need the BBQ sauce glaze they are prepared with. I am tempted to order them without the sauce next time, if you can get them that way!

Absolutely Cindy! Just let your server know and they will make sure to take care of it for ya! Thanks for the review and we hope to see ya soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2016

Trapper's was recommended by the Hilton where I was staying. I had also read several good reviews on trip advisor before I left on my cross country road trip. I ate at the bar and decided on the blackened tilapia with bourbon butter sauce on a bed of "dirty" rice with grilled and skewered scallops and shrimp. Undoubtedly the best tilapia I have ever had. The bartender was very knowledgeable regarding what was on the menu and had several recommendations. Service was quick, the food was hot and delicious. If I am ever back through Oklahoma City again, I will make sure to stop at Trapper's again.

Yay! Love this review! Thanks so much for stopping in and we hope you had the best time on your road trip! Come back and see us if you are ever back in OKC!

Reviewed 23 May 2016

I thought this would be a great place to go..I was wrong. The service is very poor the prices are crazy high.

We are very sorry to see this. Please contact us at funfresh@swbell.net as we would love to speak with you a little more about your experience and see what we can do to improve. Thanks for the feedback. Hope to hear from you soon!