“Thursday special - mesquite smoked fajita ”

Tio's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Pauls Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Crowded for lunch we had to wait 10 minutes for a table for 3. Service was quick and friendly enough. Chips and salsa are free and got refilled without us even needing to ask. Ordered the fajita special which included both chicken and mesquite beef. Flavor was really great and got both flour and corn tortillas.

Fajita does not come out sizzling.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

I have always wanted to try this place, as it has been in the same place for years; but it didn't really live up to expectations. I can say that the prices were reasonable and the service was quick and friendly. Also, I did enjoy the queso, but the salsa and habanero salsa were both average. If you are searching for an average meal then give this place a try.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

The queso and the beans were the best part of my meal. I got the Rebbeca plate the chicken enchiladas were bad. The chicken was ground up. The corn tortilla was hard . The rice was over cooked. Not good at all. The service was great the waitress was spot on.. The dining area looked small but its a small town. It was good for a one time try.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

I'd heard about this place long before I ever tried it. When I finally DID try it, I was a little let down. But I thought maybe it was because it had been built up so high. I've had them several times since then and I can say, it's not that. It's not a terrible place but it's not fantastic either. The food is decent but it's not something I'd go out of my way to go eat. As it is, I can recommend it as a place to get some food in you but if you have a choice I'd push on down the road.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I eat at Tio's as often as we can. The Chile Releno is the best around. Cheese enchiladas are my favorite, aa well as the fresh guacamole. Priced right. One side is a fill bar, the other side is family friendly.