“Recommend!!!”

El Toro Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 33 Restaurants in Sallisaw
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I was sad that the owner sold the building because I liked the diner that used to be there. I'm not sad anymore! They decorated the place really nicely, and I love their food!!! I must not be the only one who thinks so- it's ALWAYS busy!! They recently started serving beer, too! It's fun and bright, and the food is delicious!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

The food wasn't bad. I had the chili verde. My only problem with the food itself was that they served the pork without trimming any of the fat. So I had these big globs of fat mixed in with the sauce that I had to trim out just so I can eat.
The atmosphere itself was just way too hot for Oklahoma in August. It was about 80 degrees.
The service was mostly good but I had to wait over 5 minutes to get a refill, and that's not good when you're sitting there sweating.
My glass and the silverware looked a little dirty.
With a little attention to detail this could be a much better restaurant.

1  Thank OleTravellinJacky
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Very large portions of very good food. I had the chicken fajitas and they were excellent; lots of tender chicken, onions and peppers grilled perfectly. The picture attached is AFTER I had finished eating - lots of leftovers!

The service was fantastic. Prices are reasonable. We will definitely come back.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Good stuff. Menu is overwhelming. I needed a bit to figure what I wanted. I was disappointed they didn't serve a margarita but they are getting their license soon so that'll be nice in a few weeks. Food is great, prices are cheap. Once they serve real margaritas they may dominate the market share.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

El Toro has raised the benchmark for Mexican restaurants in Sallisaw. This is now our favorite in Sallisaw because they know how to operate a restaurant. Clean, bright, comfortable booths and fast service. We've eaten there twice and we're still impressed with the food. On our last visit we ordered the fajitas for 2 and had the extra home in a box. A description of stuffed cones to mind in a good way. I tip my hat to the staff for making us feel welcome.