Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
EmbassySuites.com
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsbrady districtwithin walking distancewoody guthriegreat locationcain's ballroomrestaurants and barslaffarestaurant parkinggated parkingtulsa drillersbok centereat nearbynight lifeentertainment districtoatmealfirst floorplace to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2017

When my wife and I came to visit Tulsa and see if we wanted to move here three years ago we stayed here. It's a cute, small hotel in the Brady Arts District where you can walk to everything downtown and throughout the various Entertainment Districts. Underneath the hotel on the northside is a terrific Mediterranean restaurant, Laffa. You can also walk to several other delicious restaurants. There is a fun cigar bar one block away with a great selection in their humidor (or bring your own).
A little over three years after moving here we were devastated to wake up to massive tornado damage and no power. We gave them a call and their response was immediately, "All you need to do is get here. We have a room waiting for you." That was just before 9am! I have never been able to get into a room that early. All the staff were deeply concerned for us and when we returned from dinner they had a couple of "care" packages waiting for us with various treats! They also let us stay night-by-nght until we knew when the power would be restored.
There is a free breakfast provided in the morning. It is somewhat limited but I enjoyed it every day. There is even an indoor pool in this small hotel! Parking seems limited at first but I always found a spot. Rooms had plenty of space and the beds are comfortable. There is a snack shop available but no direct restaurant. Again, not needed as there are so many great places to eat close by, including a Ramen place that's neat.
We couldn't be more happy with our stay and are so thankful for all the wonderful people that work there!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trevorjwhite
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Quite satisfied. Rooms were clean, beds perfect and all hotel personnel were friendly. I would recommend, especially you are are attending in of the functions downtown. We were walking distance from the Tulsa Drillers ball game and right in the heart of the entertainment district. Night life was not what we were here for but there in plenty all around the hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Great hotel...good staff, clean, breakfast, and I may have mentioned location.
Right in the heart of Tulsa, could see the BOK Center out of the hotel window, in the middle of the Arts (Brady) District, walking distance from the Ballpark where the Drillers play. Restaurants everywhere.

Great stay!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I had an end room which was very quiet. My view was to the North so I had a good view of the area. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful answering questions and recommending activities.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the Fairfield Inn Tulsa Downtown last night and experienced one of the most uncomfortable hotel stays of our lives. We were traveling to Taos, NM from Columbia, MO and stopped in Tulsa along the way to visit friends. We arrived shortly before we were to meet them for a dinner reservation and did not spend a whole lot of time looking around the hotel but did notice a large gathering of young people outside the hotel. We also looked up at the hotel and noticed about five of them, dancing in the window casement of their room in the fourth floor, I have a video of that. Obviously they were getting ready for a large party. We were late for our reservation and left, and when we got back the hotel was quiet and we went to bed. Shortly after 1 am the noise level increased as these folks came back from the festival they attended. We later learned it was the "F*%k You-We Rule" punk rock festival. Around 3 am we were tired of all the noise and also noticed an overpowering smell of marijuana smoke coming into our room under the door. We called the front desk. The smoke continued to bother us to the point that we stuffed garments under the door. We were not able to go to sleep until after 4:30 am. We had 11 hours to drive the next day. I called the front desk this morning and spoke to a Stephanie. She apologized for the "inconvenience" and that was all. I asked that she adjust the rate of our room. She said she would reduce it by $20 but that I should have "researched" what was going on in the area before making our reservation. I was pretty much flabbergasted that she would suggest that I had some responsibility for the misery we experienced at that hotel. Certainly a very unsatisfactory response. We chose not to eat the breakfast there as well as it was full of the same people who kept us up all night. The staff seemed quite incapable of controlling this situation saying "they were rowdy". Won't ever stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Steve F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your stay and the response you received from our staff. You were certainly a guest with us during a very lively event, the Punk rock festival, that you mentioned. Please be assured that this is not the norm at our property, and we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
We will use your feedback as an opportunity to continue to enhance our level of service to cater to all our varied guests.