“Best Asian buffet in Tulsa”

Yutaka Grill & Sushi Buffet
Ranked #454 of 1,382 Restaurants in Tulsa
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

This place is a gem. While definitely the most expensive Asian buffet in town it also is the nicest with an incredible array of food, including an impressive variety of seafood and sushi including crablegs. Also on the menu are your typical Chinese buffet faire and some items from other Asian countries but prepared with fresher ingredients than most buffets I have been too. The decor is new and the restaurant is beautifully maintained. If Asian buffets are your thing and all you can eat sushi and seafood appeals to you than this place is for you.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This was my first time to visit this establishment and I was not disappointed. They offer a variety of fresh sushi, seafood, traditional Oriental buffet foods and a nice dessert selection. It was very good and everything was fresh.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

The good, the bad and the ugly. Sounds like the title of a movie right? In this case, it is the title of this review.

First off, let's address the good.

The facility has always been clean and tidy when I have gone there and that includes the men's bathroom facilities. I have been told that the women's facilities are also kept up nicely as well. The floors in the main dining area are clean and the service areas at the buffet are also clean.

In regards to service. As far as the wait staff goes I have always had very good service, they have stayed on top of keeping drinks filled and plates removed from the table, so I give them high marks there.

In regards to food. The selection is pretty good for an Asian buffet, I have been to ones that had far less and have been to ones that have had more. For the area it is located in I would say this tends to be on the "more" offering side.

Their selection of sushi is pretty good for a buffet and during their peak hours and when the staff is staying on top of the offerings the selections are fresh and ready to snap up.

They have different offerings during lunch versus dinner like most other buffets and they offer a Hibachi grill which I found to be good. They have several soups to choose from as well.

So where is the bad? I have been there numerous times and as for the overall quality of the food it is a hit and miss. Sometimes items will be a tad over cooked or bland where the time before they were cooked perfectly and seasoned spot on, this tells me that there are consistency issues.

Also, depending upon time of day they may very well run out of items and you may not get to have those items before you leave. My guess is that the staff are on break during those times or are just not paying attention well enough. This has happened several times and I have overheard other patrons complaining of items being out for prolonged periods of time while I was roaming around myself.

And the ugly you ask? During a couple of those times where items were out and it was something I knew I really wanted to have while I was there, I made sure to mention to one of the staff that the item was out. They acknowledged it and would say something to the point of it would be taken care of and then nothing ever happened.

Mind you, one of these times it was almost a full hour from the time I mentioned it to the time I left and the items were still not replaced on the line, those items being a sushi item and a couple of regular items.

In summary. I like the place in general, the wait staff are great and am sure I will go there again at some point, but am I going to jump up and down on the street corner yelling at passerby's telling them to go in and try them out? Not yet. And that is sad, because they really do have an opportunity to kick it up a notch.

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

My son and I tried this place today and I hate to say that the food was very poor Sushi was not right at all our usual place was closed for the Sunday and we thought we'd try a new place the Chinese food was pretty good for a buffet but the sushi was lacking to say the least I really hope that they do you make improvements or this restaurant will not be in business much longer save your money

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Thought we'd give this place a try. It always appeared so busy. I'm guessing that was simply because of the Pokemon go phenomenon taking over the Farm because we finally gave it try and I can't say anything good. Well except the staff were very kind and sweet young women.
My husband got sick the next day after eating what was "mystery meat" they labeled as chicken.
It was almost comical because after each bite we all kept spitting out we couldn't help but start laughing.
Lesson learned.