“Pricey”

Price range: US$6 - US$42
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A Favorite West Coast Destination Restaurant Lord Bennett’s restaurant opened its doors in 1989 and has since established an exemplary reputation through dedication to service and commitment to quality by owner and head chef, Rich Iverson. Chef Iverson’s commitment to the local community is unwavering. His tireless efforts serve many in this small coastal community both by providing year-round employment and through his donations of time, money, food, and the use of Lord Bennett’s facilities. The food entrees served at Lord Bennett’s are exciting, fresh, and innovative! We use seasonal, local ingredients whenever possible; assuring your dining experience will be exquisite in every way. Each dish is carefully prepared using quality ingredients with finesse and artistic presentation. Chef Iverson incorporates regional flavors and season specialties in this wonderful restaurant. Their staff exceeds expectations in their menu knowledge and service. Foodies and wine lovers alike have made Lord Bennett’s their favorite destination restaurant on the West Coast. Nothing can quite compare to the entire mix of deliciousness and ambiance you'll experience at Lord Bennett's. Take a road trip to Bandon by the Sea and top it off with a dinner or Sunday Brunch at Lord Bennett’s. You’ll be glad you did!
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

A friend and I dined at the Lord Bennett last night. She had the seafood platter $31 US, I had the crab leg fettuccini $30.

For the price, I was unimpressed with my meal - no complaints on the crab leg portion in the dish but the garlic in the sauce completely overpowered any white wine aspect. It was unbalanced. The side vegetables were overcooked.

Given the price and implied upscale ambiance I found it odd that while the wait staff generally wore a uniform of sorts and the hostesses was nicely dressed, the bartender donned a casual purple t shirt.

The shrimp bisque ($4 for a cup) was rather flat imho though my friend thought it very good; the spotted shrimp cocktail ($13) was good (shrimp not overdone and still moist).

Overall I expected a menu with lot more emphasis on the local seafood options, which I'd have gladly paid for.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Excellent food selections-try the prawns-they are like lobster!
Every table has a view of the ocean.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Some of the reviews I read were so-so. We thought the restaurant was very good. The views all around of the ocean and coastline are beautiful. The food was very good. As one might expect, the predominance of food was in the seafood category. Very nicely presented.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Our first night in Bandon, Oregon we dined here! Fantastic food and great service. We loved it so much we came back again later that week when my sister and her husband came in.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner out with friends. Both the service and food were excellent. We sat upstairs with a view of the ocean and each ordered something different. We will definitely go back when in the area.