“Lots of meat; crazy-hot hot sauce!”
Review of Celito Lindo

Celito Lindo
Ranked #28 of 68 Restaurants in Brookings
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 August 2016

We got our dinners to go, chicken enchiladas and a beef chimichanga, both with rice and beans. The positives: good bargain for what you get, a lot of meat in both entrees, tasted fine, and friendly service. I would probably go again and try something else. I asked for extra salsa and got extra sauce - probably my mistake. The salsa was good but the sauce was too hot to pour over the entrée. Good for clearing out your sinuses, that's for sure! Father really did like his chimichanga.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

In a converted gas station, this place has virtually no ambience, little parking, only a chair or two to sit down. It doesn't need to have those things. As soon as you see the two hardworking abuelitas behind the counter, you know you're in for a treat. Homemade traditional food not to be found in any other Mexican restaurant within hundreds of miles. Tamales, sopes, posole, menudo on special occasions. All excellent. This place draws regulars from afar

Reviewed 29 June 2016

Every so often when I see they are not busy I stop in for fish tacos, which I eat on the go. I have heard their burritos, tamales and rice and beans are excellent. The place is an old gas station turned into a small Mexican food market with a tiny grill and a great cook. When they are not busy you can get your order in just a few minutes. There is a small counter and a few tables for eating in. And prices are incredibly low ! !

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Hard to tell from it looks, but please take the chance and try, your taste buds will be delighted! This is what i call real mexican food, which just happens to be my favorite food!

Reviewed 24 April 2016

A place to pre-order your Christmas Tamales. A small Mexican type grocery with food. I have had reports that their sandwiches are very good. I've only had the tamales.