“Great Place to Tent Camp, But Beware of Bad Spots”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cannon Beach
Wright's for Camping
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Our family has camped here for several years and we'll keep going back! The campsites are immaculate, as someone else already said. There are even a few sites that are big enough for our jumbo Costco 2-room tent, which is rare indeed. The bathrooms are cleaned very well twice per day. Could use better TP, for sure, and the non-private shower is a source of anxiety for me. Current price is $36/night for 2 people, then add $3 per person up to 6 people per site (summer 2014). This is the only way we can afford to stay in Cannon Beach because the hotels are outrageous and have interesting, hotel-favoring "fire codes" that restrict the number of people per room even when your room is humongous. You'll need to make your reservations a long time in advance. Look at the map on their website as well as their video tours of each site, and discuss the sites when you make reservations. A few of the sites are horrible (near the bath house) and you will definitely feel ripped off if you get one of those. I recommend you stay away from sites 2 and 4. 1, 3 and 5 are not the greatest either. Interestingly, mosquitoes have never been a problem for us here, even when we stay next to the swampy areas. Be aware that this is not a reasonable walking distance to the beach if you are lugging any chairs, etc. We park our vehicle with all needed stuff at Tolovana Wayside for the day.

Room Tip: Call to discuss your tent size and the size of the camping spots before deciding.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Lorie G

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Wrights for camping is doing it right!. This is a great campsite, not only for its perfect location ( close proximity to restaurants, haystack rock, and markets), but it was truly pristine. And true campers will know what I mean, each campsite is immaculate, and the bathrooms and showers as well. All in all this a great campsite ( with plenty of space in between campsites), this campsite is nestled in between beautiful groves of Oregon trees, within walking distance of the beach. There are free hot showers and reasonably priced firewood, We loved it, and would go back. If you camp at cannon beach, this is the place to do it!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank dfox0403
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from a three-night stay at Wright's For Camping. We had never been to Oregon and found out about this campground through the Internet. It is a family-owned place with wonderfully friendly staff who live on site. Upon arrival they informed us that while they are not always at the office we could reach them day or night through a webcam and they would come down and meet us. Very accommodating!
The sites themselves were clean and well spaced out, ours had plenty of room and just enough trees to set up our tent and tarps. Bathrooms were also very clean, FREE hot showers were a pleasant surprise, and the laundry facility was very reasonable. There is also wood available for purchase, tether ball, and a basketball hoop, everything one could want really!
From the campground it is a short 4 block walk to the beach and there is conveniently a liquor store a couple blocks away as well!
While the grounds are located by the highway we didnt have any problems with noise, the chipmunks woke us up more than traffic! We had a great time and will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank Campersgonecamping
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My family and I recently went to Wright's and loved it. The campground was easy to find and a quick walk to the beach and shops. The family who runs it is very nice, and the bathrooms and laundry are nice and clean. We like to tent camp, and finding a place that catered to tents at a good price was great. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Bee523
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I'm not an expert on camping by any means. I have been a few times to know what a good campground entails. This place is tucked away from the main streets of Cannon Beach. However it is very close to the highway. You can hear cars all night. If you're a person that is bothered by that, then don't count on sleeping. I found it okay though. The campsites are also very close together and a little on the small side. Aside from those things, it is a very well kept campground. The sites are well raked and fresh for you when you get there. The bathroom facilities are cleaned pretty nicely. The bathroom has an odd layout with short stalls and no separation for showers. That's not really a problem though. There is a place to wash dishes and do laundry. I did not have any problems with loud partiers like some of these reviews. Although I did hear a child crying all night long my first night I was there. It sounded like it was across the campground. That was kind of bothersome. The staff seemed very friendly and they were always working hard. The campground is super close to the beach and a lovely coffee shop called Sleepy Monk. Bottom line, I recommend going here if you're not picky and you have other friends with you. I had three families I was with and the campsite closeness worked to our advantage.

Room Tip: Stay away from the road. The sites in the far corner are best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach
The Ocean Lodge
The Ocean Lodge
#2 of 15 in Cannon Beach

Been to Wright's for Camping? Share your experiences!