“One of the best dining experiences. Period.”

EVOO Cannon Beach Cooking School
Ranked #7 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: At EVOO Cannon Beach Cooking School the diners are the students! You are seated in our open kitchen/dining room where you interact with the chefs as they prepare your meal, sharing recipes, cooking techniques and entertaining tips. We also offer hands-on cooking classes.
Vancouver
“One of the best dining experiences. Period.”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I've dined all over the U.S., Canada, and France and EVO at Cannon Beach was one of the most enjoyable and memorable dining experiences ever. I can't say enough about how wonderful Bob and Lenore's business is. Go there and you'll see, taste, smell, and ejoy for yourself. If you love good food this is YOUR PLACE.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank thirty-something72

Vancouver, BC
“I'd give it six if I could”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Simply put, this was one of the best meals I've ever had.

And it was made all the better given that my night was a total surprise organized by my gf. All I knew was that we were on vacation and she had gotten us "tickets to something she thought I'd really enjoy".

We walked in and were greeted by a cheerful, "Hi, I'm Bob". He, along with his wife Lenore, were our hosts for the evening. They are the owners of the business/building and the chefs. They were funny, charming, personable, great chefs, great teachers, and worked extremely well together preparing a dinner for 22 guests!

We were treated to a four-course dinner with wine pairings. I was expecting just a taster-size portion per course, but no, we got full-sized portions! They would explain the techniques that they were using in preparing each dish/course, and told us to focus on that more so than the "recipes" (or guidelines, as they called them), all of which are available online through their website.

If nothing else from that evening, I learned that salt, pepper, and coriander (Bob's "holy trinity") goes on EVERYTHING!

Each course was expertly prepared, all while they bantered in a very engaging way with the guests, which included an 80-year old's birthday, a newlywed couple, and all points in between.

If you just wanted to enjoy the meal, you could, though I think you couldn't help but learn helpful hints along the way that will stick with everyone. It was all done in much less a "teaching" manner than I expected from a "cooking school" and much more a playful way.

All their ingredients are locally sourced, when possible, and you can taste the difference freshness and quality makes. I even liked the mushrooms they used in a dish, and I hate mushrooms!

All in all, this is one of the best experiences I've ever had, not just at a restaurant but at any "event". Do yourself a favor and make a reservation if you're ever going to be in Cannon Beach. Trust me, it's well worth the visit. Can't say enough good things about the night, first class from start to finish! Well, as someone else said in a review, maybe a little more wine in the glass... ;)

Visited September 2011
2 Thank drinkswhiskey
Manchester, MO
“A fun, delicious, entertaining, educational evening”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We were there in early August and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The food was delicious and the presentation was both entertaining and educational. We were there early in the month so they were still "experimenting" with the dishes a bit but I think that made it more enjoyable. We were lucky to get reservations at the last minute but I would advise making them well ahead of time. The wine pours could have been a bit more generous but then again I felt as if I had plenty. I would go again ... I learned a lot and was inspired. I have even made a few of their recipes. Yum.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank LJA_MO
Seattle, Washington
“Dinner theater at its finest”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This July was the second year my wife and I went to EVOO, to celebrate our birthdays, and like the first year, it didn't disappoint. In fact, I think this year it was even better. The house was packed (we sat up on stools and a high table by the door), and Bob was on fire. Very funny, engaging, and obviously highly skilled. All of the courses came out perfectly, the wine pairings were top-notch, and the recipes were easy to follow. It was especially fun to go outside to see Bob use his giant Mongolian Grill!

My only caution is that it isn't an intimate environment for dinner. Meaning that if you want a quiet meal, or are not generally an outgoing type (and don't like interacting openly with others), then it would be an uncomfortable evening. But if you're in that mindset, you likely wouldn't be looking into this. ;-)

We will continue to go back, and have strongly recommended it to several friends over the last year.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank jeremymmason
Cannon Beach, Oregon
“Splendiforous”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We've had the opportunity to dine with Bob and Lenore on 3 different occasions, twice being our wedding anniversary. All have been the most fun and enjoyable dining evenings of our life...it's just memorable, delicious, and great evening all rolled into one.

• Visited October 2010