“Wonderful! Chef Dario and his wife Sheena perform magic with great food and service”
Review of AgriVino

AgriVino
Reserve with OpenTable
AgriVino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Carlton
Description: The hidden gem of the Willamette Valley! A pure Italian restaurant where homemade grandmother recipes regain their importance in a modern presentation.Dario & Sheena greet you at the door and make your visit unforgettable with a wine country memory that will last forever. The Italian wine tasting room open from 11am and Sunday homemade pizzas & gnocchi till 8pm complete your experience at Agrivino.
Reviewed 23 August 2016

If you are anywhere near this place (that is, near Carlton OR in the Willamette Valley wine country), you must make a trip to this fine establishment. My wife and I visited on a Sunday night when the menu consisted of various pizzas and gnocchi. The ingredients are all grown locally (many right there at the farm) or are imported from Italy, and everything is homemade. We had two different gnocchis - burro and salvia (homemade potato gnocchi topped with butter and sage) and Bolognese (homemade potato gnocchi topped with a fantastic Bolognese meat sauce). Both were incredible! We next shared a Margherita pizza (made with homemade dough and tomato sauce) and it was wonderful. The chef is Dario who, as I remember, was born in the Piedmont region of Italy, and the server/hostess is Sheena, his wife. Together they make sure that you feel welcomed, that you have a delightful meal, and that you leave full. Their mission is to introduce their patrons to real northern Italian cuisine. Mission accomplished!

Reviewed 22 August 2016

My husband and I love the charm of this place, and the friendly staff. We ordered from the Sunday Gnocchi menu. I order Gnocchi with the Bolognese and my husband order Gnocchi Amatriciana. The Gnocchi melts in your mouth. My meat sauce was perfect. We also tried another Gnocchi dish---Chef Dario special Gnocchi with Truffle cream sauce....yummy! I highly recommend this quaint place. We will return!!!

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

My wife surprised me with a surprise birthday lunch at AgriVino. We fell in love with the amazing food of Chef Dario and the excellent service from his wife Sheena. Truly wonderful people!

I had the Bolognese pasta...the pasta was of course made by Dario and the Bolognese sauce was the best I have ever had. Rich, meaty, with delicious taste layers. Meanwhile Sheena was serving us a tasting flight of several marvelous Italian wines. To finish, we had Dario's incredible tirimisu, which was once again, the best I have ever had and head and shoulders better than the usual tirimisu you get in Italian restaurants in the U.S.

I strongly recommend you find yourself at AgriVino, a short drive off the beaten path from Newberg in Carlton!

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Chef Dario has a unique concept in unusual surroundings. He takes locally sourced produce (most grown on his farm) and creates an amazing Italian menu highlighting a region of Italy. His wife is co-host and there is just one seating of 25-30 guests. Each course receives a presentation and wine pairing. The food was wonderful and the wine pairings were perfect. The hosts were gracious and informative. We attended with an Italian and Spaniard who were equally impressed and delighted. I would highly recommend this experience- I call it an experience because it is delightful and so much more than a meal.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

The food here as offered by Chef Dario is excellent and representative of Italian meals. We had dinner and came back for lunch--not a false note in any of the dishes. Things to know: the dinner is a five course meal with wine pairing. You do not choose any dishes, you are served what is provided that evening. If you don't want wine or have food issues, discuss it with them when you make your reservation. Having said that, I'd emphasize that we loved every dish that was served. And the Italian wines were not standard wines you'd find in any US store.There is one seating a night as Dario comes and explains each dish and wine pairing. His wife is lovely and quite helpful as well.
It's a special experience.
Another thing to know- AgriVino is outside town and co-located with a B&B get directions or use Google maps to get there. When you turn in the drive, there is no sign indicating which of the buildings houses the restaurant/event center--take the left hand fork in the drive and go around back.

1  Thank lpsh