Lowest prices for your stay
US$100
Free cancellation until 18/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$97
Free cancellation until 18/12/21
Priceline
US$100
Free cancellation until 17/12/21
Hotels.comUS$97
FindHotelUS$97
TravelocityUS$97
All reviews washer and dryer road trip safeway microwave sink coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 February 2021 via mobile

I was not happy with Front Desk Manager because she had a really bad attitude towards our mother and my husband then called the police on him and beware of this lady attitude and calling the police on people and the bed was really uncomfortable for my mother and she doesn't like the attitude at the front desk give to her also like my husband

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2020

We were on a driving trip up the California, Oregon and Washington Coast and stayed the night at the Edgewater Inn in Coos Bay. It was the worst decision of the entire trip.

The hotel is extremely dated with hallways so poorly lit and institutionalized. Reminded us of a prison!

The room features are from another era. The television, tiny and mounted to the wall, was subpar. The dented, cube frig buzzed so loudly during the night that I was concerned it was going to short out and start an electrical fire. The microwave was tiny and a throwback to the 70s when the technology was new.

The bedding and furniture was well-worn. During the spread of the coronavirus, we didn't feel like it met the standards for healthy and a safe travel environment. In the bathroom, there was a single one ounce bottle of conditioning shampoo. That was it! Good thing we brought our own or we would have been out of luck!

Perhaps the most memorable part of the stay was the fact that the hotel is so poorly soundproofed that you can hear everything going on in the hotel. The guests in the room directly above ours made so much noise - jumping off the bed, running the length of the room, banging into the wall, running the shower and more. At 10 p.m., I notified the front desk asking them to intervene. The front desk could not have shown less interest in my request. The noise continued until well after 12:30 a.m. when exhaustion set in. We were awoken again at 6 a.m. with similar sounds.

While the buzzing fridge was a major annoyance, the thin floors and walls were a close second. When we prepared to depart in the morning, we were loudly reminded of breakfast restrictions and told what we couldn't have. We thanked the staff for the info and promptly left the property. That's $164 I will never get back!

Learn from our mistake and choose another hotel - or city - if you must. Avoid at all costs - literally!

Room tip: Don't stay on the ground floor unless you want to hear every movement of the people above you.
Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank Traveler66
Reviewed 24 September 2020 via mobile

For the Covid cautious, beware of this place!! The low mark is for not following health guidelines during pandemic times. Decent place otherwise.

My family stayed at Edgewater for a night. There was a shield at the reception front desk. But we did not see one single staff member wearing a mask or gloves during our stay from reception to cleaning. Most surprising was a staff member who was passing out food items and pouring coffee for guests at the continental breakfast. My understanding is there are strict guidelines, especially for the hospitality business.

I asked the staff member working behind the desk if Coos Co. had different regulations and she said, "it is up to the employee if they want to wear a mask or not". The lady serving guests apparently had a medical excuse to not wear protective accessories. Still, perhaps should not have been in that service role. Wanted to share this in case others with sensitive health conditions are looking for lodging.

We had a nice experience otherwise. A funky older place, the room was clean and spacious and staff was friendly. They make reservations for the pool for one family at a time, which was nice.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2020

This place freaking sucks. I went to try and get a room for my family and I and the older lady at the desk was being a a complete snatch. She made it seem like we weren’t worth her time and she is unprofessional

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2020

Friendly, efficient staff. Spacious room with patio overlooking Coalbank Slough. Decent breakfast with a fair amount of choices. Community deck jutting out over the water where we ate our dinner one evening. The view consists largely of some of the former lumber related mills which once thrived in the area, but it all works in the context of the location. Quiet location. Near large retailers Safeway and Fred Meyer.

Date of stay: July 2020