Lowest prices for your stay
US$109
Free cancellation until 18/12/21
Official SiteUS$109
PricelineUS$109
Trip.comUS$139
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 June 2021

I feel like I got hustled on the reservation!
The first time I called I was quoted 139 per night.
The second time I called I tried to use my rewards membership number for the 25% discount and got the same price.
The third time I called I tried to use my AAA discount and got the same price.
The fourth time I called I tried to use my membership number and the senior citizen discount and got the same price.
I asked to speak to someone at the hotel, because I was having the feeling that I was speaking to a booking agent for an agency in a foreign country:
They refused to give the phone number for the front desk.
You have to question what’s going on at the hotel for this to be so bizarre!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2021

Dear Michael,
We are unsure of the number you called to reserve a room at our hotel; however, we are very sorry for any concerns you had regarding our pricing. Guests are always encouraged to book with us directly for the best possible value and assistance, and you can find our direct phone number on our website. We'd love to host you, and we look forward to showing you a great time!

Reviewed 20 April 2021

We arrived at 2 p.m. No reservation. Was able to check in right away, That was awesome! We were a party of 2 adults and a small dog (under 15 lbs) we got a King bed. (Rm121) I was charged $198 for ONE night! (this included the $15 pet fee and tax) I will try to be as fair and as accurate as possible. Considering I used to be a maid, I expect exceptional cleanliness for motels, Especially during Covid times!

Pros:
*The floor was clean and vacuumed.
* Large room!
* Room smelled clean
* Nice full size couch in the room
* Black out curtains
* Hot water and big shower
* Really comfortable bed!
* Quiet rooms!

Cons:
* The young man at the front desk (early 20s) who helped me was not friendly at all!
* Due to Covid there is a sign stating that no breakfast or coffee will be available in the lobby. It also mentioned something about the gym and a couple other high traffic areas would not be accessible. (can't remember which ones, sorry.) I understand this and appreciated them protecting everyone, However, I also think price adjustments should be made! You really can't do anything but stay in the room and you're charged as if you have full access of common areas.
*Bed was made-ish.
*The coffee pot was not clean. There were old grounds in the basket from previous guests and the pot itself was dirty of dried coffee.
*The tray where the coffee pot sits wasn't even cleaned. Sugar was all over the place!
*Bathroom had cobwebs and a spider that watched my every move!
*There was blood spatter on the back of the bathroom door.
*Terribly streaked mirrors!
*Handprints were on the closet door which is also mirrored.
*The entry way door had large air gaps causing the room to get chilly at night. I tried using the heater but it only made a terrible sound. The room never warmed up so I ended up turning off the aged system.
*Highly outdated for the price.
*No ocean view

I had always wanted to stay at a Red Lion Hotel. Was looking forward to my stay here. Sadly, this didn't even begin to come close to what my hopes were. If a comfortable bed and a big spacious shower is a priority, this is the place to stay! However, If cleanliness is something you prefer...I'd suggest staying somewhere else.

Date of stay: April 2021
2  Thank sarahbowers82
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2021

Dear Sarah,
Guest feedback is always appreciated and welcome, so thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed account of your stay.
It was our pleasure to accommodate your last-minute reservation, and we appreciate you highlighting the peaceful atmosphere we provide along with our spacious accommodations.
Please accept our apologies for the aspects of your visit that were less than satisfactory.
It's always our goal to impress, so we assure you that we'll look into these matters further and seize any opportunities for improvement.
We cannot change the past, but we will do better in the future. Please consider joining us again down the road so that we can provide the exceptional stay you expected and deserve.

Reviewed 31 December 2020

We showed up without a reservation on Christmas eve to find most of the rooms available. We got a two room (suite?) which was ok. Nothing fancy, everything worked. The shower had a water reducer as most do which made rinsing your hair a slight problem but doable.

Room tip: Walk the stairs and stay on the second floor.
Date of stay: December 2020
Melissa Hannah, Guest Services / Front Office at Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2020

We thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a older facility and we are looking to do some upgrades in the near future. We appreciate your business and do hope that you will visit us again on your next visit to Coos Bay.

Reviewed 3 November 2020

We stayed here for 3 days. Kind staff, lower nightly rate due to visiting a relative at the hospital. Beds are comfortable. We were close to all places we needed to drive to. The hotel is quiet/peaceful. We had a small frig to keep drinks cold/microwave. I would definitely stay here again. The receptionists were very kind. The second night, they confirmed we were getting the lower rate since our mom was in the hospital.

Date of stay: October 2020
Melissa Hannah, Guest Services / Front Office at Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2020

We appreciate your business and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. The hotel is a couple blocks north of the downtown Coos Bay area. Happy our staff provided good customer service. We do have different rates available. We thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you on your next visit to Coos Bay.

Reviewed 16 September 2020 via mobile

Not the friendliest front desk staff I’ve come across, she didn’t even give me the Wi-Fi code. When I got to my room it had this heavy musty smell because it had been closed up for a while. Unfortunately the air conditioning unit takes up half the wall and is extremely noisy. There wasn’t much of a selection on TV as far as channels are concerned. The bathroom door wouldn’t stay open, the fan is extremely noisy and you have to hold the handle down on the toilet until it’s completely done. There’s nothing in the rooms when you arrive to give you any information about the local area. The small refrigerator had a freezer that need to be defrosted, badly.And the only positive thing I can say is that the bed and the pillows are comfortable. Definitely not worth $150! I’ve stayed in Motel 6’s that were better than this.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Lysa E
Melissa Hannah, Guest Services / Front Office at Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2020

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay with us. We will check the concerns that you have listed and get them addressed. Our guests feedback is very important. This helps us to better serve our guests. We currently have no Food and Beverage department open due to Covid-19. This is noted on the Booking.com website and our staff lets our guests know at check in. At check in our staff asks our guests if they would like a local restaurant list. We are sorry to hear that you didn't receive any information about food or the WIFI login information. We will discuss this further with our staff. We do value you as our guest. We do thank you for reaching out to us and we do hope that you will come back and give us another chance.