Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$65
Hotels.comUS$65
PricelineUS$65
eDreamsUS$65
Agoda.comUS$65
FindHotelUS$65
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 July 2014

When we arrived, Andrea and her husband were more than helpful. What was intended to be a one night stay turned into a five night stay and they worked with us, even leaving us extra coffee, sugar, creamer and pillows. What more could one ask of property managers? We will not stay any place else on any of our many return visits to Cottage Grove.
We were so impressed with Andrea and the way she handled her business, that for the first time ever, we actually left her a tip when checking out.
If you are looking for a place to lay your head at the end of a long day...presented to you by good hard working folks...this place is the answer.

Room tip: Corner room upstairs....112
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Krisie H
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed at this poor little worn out motel on Christmas Eve 2013. It's a sad little motel that has never even seen better days. We stayed because the price was right. There is nothing positive to say. Even the bath towels were so worn out that they wouldn't absorb the water after a bath. No blow dryer available. It wasn't quaint, it was just worn out. This is a typical 'rent by the month or week' motel. Not for families or anyone particularly interested in comfortable room.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Bonanzagirl
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The room was very clean and nice. The management was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay, and will definitely stay here on my return trip. I would recommend Relax Inn to anyone. There is fast Wi-Fi, mini refrig and microwave.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank JenGuiol
Shanicoinn, Owner at Relax Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in the future. we will do our best to improve our room so you can enjoy your stay at Shanico inn.

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

I expected a bit more for $60 a night. Dirty carpet, ants in the bathroom and doesn't look like a great neighborhood. No coffee either. Person checking me in wasn't really interested in having guests either. The gal I originally talked with making the reservation was the high point of the place.

Date of stay: August 2013
1  Thank Kherrington50
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We had a very long day and weren't able to quite make it home in one trip. Shortly before midnight we pull up to the Relax Inn and get a room. Because it was so late, they discounted the price of the room for us. The service was fast and very friendly, which was awesome because we were exhausted.

The room was good, although I couldn't find the shampoo. My husband found it "hidden" behind the bathroom mirror after I was done with my shower... There was a lot of space, the TV was adequate, and the heater worked beautifully - which was my main concern!

About an hour after we left the next morning, I got a phone call that we had left our son's precious Tiger behind. The office staff were phenomenal, telling me that they would send the stuffed animal out in the mail the next day. They didn't actually send the stuffed animal as the couple who runs the hotel were tied up with their young child being sick (I can relate!). However, when I still hadn't gotten Tiger two weeks later, I was getting upset. I called in and asked about Tiger, and only then found out about the family illness. I said I understand and they said they'd send Tiger in the mail the next day. Again, that didn't happen. Another two weeks later, and I was fuming.

I happened to be driving past Cottage Grove today, and just stopped in to pick Tiger up because I was tired of waiting for him. When I got there, the couple managing the hotel were thrilled to see me. Not rude or fidgety the way you would expect sneaky, slimy people to be. They apologized a ton, saying that the person who owns the hotel had taken the slip of paper with my address and phone number, making it impossible for them to call or send Tiger to me. I understand that stuff happens sometimes. In the mean time, they took excellent care of Tiger. They even washed him! My son was so thrilled to get his stuffed animal back. Lesser staff would have likely just thrown the toy out after a couple of days.

This situation honestly had me really fired up for a while, but the fact is that stuff just happens sometimes and you can't help it. When it came down to it, the couple was extremely friendly, helpful, and they did have a justification for not sending Tiger when they said they would.

Room tip: The inner corner room was dark and very quiet. Perfect for a great night's sleep!
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Leigh J
Shanicoinn, Manager at Relax Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013