Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Priceline
US$65
View deal
Free cancellation until 03/02/22
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I traveled to Cottage Grove as vendors for Bohemia Mining Days. We wanted an affordable place to stay, and the Relax Inn seemed to fit that. We are not picky motel people. We want our room to be clean, the bed to be comfy, a hot shower, and decent WiFi. Most places manage 3 out of 4 of those. Unfortunately, Relax Inn didn't. The good: Staff are extremely friendly. We liked them very much, and they were as helpful as they could be. The room was clean on the surface. There was no doubt it had been vacuumed, wiped down, clean sheets, shiny bathroom. The bad: The motel is old, and needs some money invested into it. The carpet is worn and very dirty. I don't believe a carpet cleaner can pull out that ground in dirt. It needs to be replaced. The mattress was firm but comfortable enough, but we couldn't help but notice that the box spring was filthy on the exposed edges, and the wood was broken and showing. WiFi was there, but the signal was weak in our room, and dropped completely every few minutes. It was frustrating to try and accomplish the business tasks that I needed to because of it. And then, the shower. Yes, it was clean. It seemed to have good pressure even though the shower would not turn on all the way. Large amounts of water continued to come out of the bathroom spout even though the shower was turned on and spraying. The real problem, though, was the lack of hot water. I never had a shower that involved more than a couple minutes of luke warm water that shifted to icy cold the entire time we stayed there. We spoke to staff after the first cold shower, and they told us too many people had showered and ran the tank out of hot water. So, I tried taking showers at midnight and 1am. Still no hot water. Mornings were the same. I was so grateful to leave there and take a truly hot shower last night, in an Airbnb!! Would I stay there again? As much as I liked the staff, I value hot showers, WiFi and cleanliness more. No, we won't be back.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2017

My husband and I showed up to check in, we had our IDs, our confirmation number and all of our emails confirming our NON SMOKING room (with two dogs). We walked into the office, to be told that our reservation was for the night before! I double checked our confirmation, and on my emails and confirmation slip the dates were correct so somewhere in their system the wrong date had been entered.
The lady who we were talking to never introduced herself, and then Andrea - we presumed the manager - simply yelled from the next room instead of coming out to speak to us. Then instead of offering to fix the problem at all, the lady in front of us simply gave us a blank stare. I went on to ask if there were any rooms available and (still from the other room) Andrea said that they had rooms but only if we didn't have pets. I told her we have our dogs - which are both service dogs - we were then told (STILL from the other room) that they don't allow pets - even though it says on TripAdvisor that they allow animals!
The only solution that Andrea yelled at us was to put us into a smoking room. We quickly left and booked elsewhere due to the rude service and lack of help. I suggest not wasting your time or energy (and money).

Room tip: terrible service, rude manager, not helpful
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2015

We based here to tour the area in search of covered bridges (there are 51 in Oregon, many clustered around this charming town). This is one of many older hotels strung out along old Hwy 99. It is carefully maintained and the owners try hard to please. Internet wasn't as efficient as we'd life, but after a full day of "bridging" we were just interested in a good night's sleep. We arrived after 9 p.m. and noticed many restaurants were closed but the helpful owner suggested the Szechuan Chinese restaurant about a block away where we enjoyed an excellent dinner.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2015 via mobile

Our harley drowned out with the heavy rain so we ducked in. They had one room left that was not dog friendly so they let us check in early and get out of the downpour. The room was small but cozy and clean.

Date of stay: January 2015
5  Thank ChurchOfWicca
Reviewed 31 July 2014

When we arrived, Andrea and her husband were more than helpful. What was intended to be a one night stay turned into a five night stay and they worked with us, even leaving us extra coffee, sugar, creamer and pillows. What more could one ask of property managers? We will not stay any place else on any of our many return visits to Cottage Grove.
We were so impressed with Andrea and the way she handled her business, that for the first time ever, we actually left her a tip when checking out.
If you are looking for a place to lay your head at the end of a long day...presented to you by good hard working folks...this place is the answer.

Room tip: Corner room upstairs....112
Date of stay: July 2014