“A deep appreciation of this unique ocean habitat.”

Whale, Sea Life and Shark Museum
Ranked #9 of 17 things to do in Depoe Bay
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Thank you Captain Al for sharing your knowledge and love of the gray whales of Depoe Bay. As an Oregon native, I was very excited to bring friends to the homeland to experience both the eclipse and the state I love so much. Our whale-watching excursion was amazing!

Not only did I learn new things about these magnificent creatures and their migration patterns, but we were all impressed at the love and respect your team shows for your ocean neighbors. Thank you for the work you do.

I also want to thank you for being so kind to me, your terribly sea-sick passenger, who knows better and should have taken the hard stuff before getting on your boat. I could have ruined the trip for the other folks, but you got me quickly and safely back to shore and took everyone back out for what I heard was a spectacular viewing adventure (I got to see at least four flukes before the trouble started! ;-]). Note to self and others: if the patches work for you that's great (they weren't enough for me this time - I wore pressure bands as well). If you're super sensitive, Bonine or Dramamine at least an hour before is the only way to go. It's worth any sleepy after-effects. For most, the boats are very stable. I just happened to be extra susceptible to the waves that day. Even with the indignity of yacking over the side of a boat... I would totally do it again to see the whales and be so close to them (and I'll take the meds).

1  Thank Nicole R

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing experience watching Gray Whales play and feed on the coast. There was at least one calf following hr mother through the kelp beds right by the shore.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We had Captain Dan and he was great! We also got to see Scar Back it was very fun:) Video explained a lot and we learned something as well.

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Only open on the weekend, what? I saw people walking inside, not sure why they're not open during spring break. There were people everywhere.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

The big attraction here is the Zodiac whale boat tours....They are WONDERFUL!!! Carrie has added a great little museum at a very small cost for all to enjoy. It is very worth going through, and helps to support all the wonderful effort Carrie has put into making Depoe Bay a bit more special! Great for kids and adults alike.
Best to get your reservations in ahead of time for the whale tours.

1  Thank Dian F