“Solid place”

16 Tons Beer & Wine
Ranked #12 of 34 Shopping in Eugene
Reviewed 7 August 2015 via mobile

Great selection, fair prices.
Ambience is a bit lacking, but that's the price of the bar/beer store. Good on them! Will go back.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I came here for their Happy Hour on Friday nights. It was great. This place is a coffee shop by day, and they serve wine and beer at night. They served generous samples of wine, and it was quite reasonable to purchase a glass or two. I'd love to go again.

1  Thank EmilyJoan82
Reviewed 9 August 2012

What can I say? I like beer. They sell beer. Pretty much only beer. I stopped by here about a week ago for beer (no kidding). Guess what? They had a bunch of beer and even after I bought some, they had more.

I was there that day for filling my camping cooler with cans of beer. I'm into cans, as they travel well and easier to get rid of. Emily, their beer sommelier, came up with nice picks for me, like Leinenkugel's summer shandy, and Bitburger.

There's a 100 character minimum here, so I will add that the playlist can get old. Nobody's perfect. Sometimes my playlist gets old. It's a bit heavy into the garage band/indie/clash realm. In case the owner's read my review...play the hell out of Van Morrison and keep selling beer, and you got yourself a winner. Keep it Simple (Van Morrison), English bitters, German lagers, farmhouse beers and that's all you need for my kids to have no $$ for college.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Great atmosphere & generous samples for beer-tasting & experimenting ... One entire wall is lined with hundreds of bottles of beer--impressive! The outside facade isn't much to look at & the inside is a bit noisy, but they make up for that with their beer-selections!

1  Thank itchfoot