“Don't Go Anywhere Else!”

Izakaya Meiji Company
Ranked #30 of 664 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Specializing in Japanese small plates, old school cocktails and whiskey bar but thank goodness no sushi. The theme is based on a Japanese tavern or sake house. sake
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I just spent three nights in Eugene and on the first night my partner and I found this place and we went back again...and again. They have a well rounded Bourbon and Scotch list and an amazing Bar Manager to go with it. Andrew not only made wonderful recommendations but his service was spot on and was a wonderfully pleasant person. Moving onto our main server, Raven, we were fortunate enough to have her two of our three nights. I have never had a server put so much effort into creating the perfect dining experience while also making everything they did seem so effortless. We had the pleasure of experiencing two other servers as well and while I didn't get their names both were incredible. Not many vegetarians can make a good recommendation for meat and one of these aforementioned servers did it beautifully.

A wonderful place, with wonderful people and wonderful food. I count the days until we can return.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This is our Favorite little place for a date night out. This whiskey bar is phenomenal! from their house made cocktails to their pork belly ramen, its on our list of go to’s that we never tire of.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Excellent food, great waitstaff, a little loud, great cocktails, good for food sharing, nice variety of tapas

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

The outside is very deceiving. It looks like a regular pub from the outside.
The food is excellent with different exotic flavors. I tried a variety of dishes and was delighted by the different flavors.
On a note, the menu is mostly different than what is shown.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

This is a very unique place. Its like Asian tapas. They have some more substantial dishes but from what we experienced its mostly small plates and you won't leave hungry. The bar is exceptional and the drinks are very well made. We had mostly seafood plates. The garlic shrimp and the scallop may be one of the best things I have ever eaten. Just really fresh and well balanced. The mushrooms under the scallop...oh man I just wish I had a bowl of them. We also had a plate with fresh anchovy (not raw just not brined) on a piece of bread that had butter on it that had been seasoned with sea urchin. It was very rich and so delicious. We had the fried chicken nuggets and fries too which would be perfect for kids! Not a truly family place but if you sat outside and have them this to eat it would keep them quiet for awhile! Great vibe for a Sunday night!