“A very good Italian restaurant”

Ambrosia Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ambrosia Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 653 Restaurants in Eugene
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ambrosia was born from a love of Italian tradition around food and wine. There is no better way to celebrate life than sharing a comforting meal with friends and family at the table!We feature classic Italian cuisine inspired by the vibrant Pacific Northwest, and are known for our seasonal menu and nightly specials featuring local produce, seafood and meats, handmade pastas, wood-fired pizza and house-made classic Italian desserts. We have an extensive wine list and sommeliers on staff, a full bar featuring local beers and hand-crafted cocktails and sodas. Weeknight happy hour.Our warm interior is decorated with classic furniture, primarily from the original owners of the building who were antique dealers. The soul of the restaurant is its wood-fired brick oven which was imported from Italy in pieces and assembled on site.
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I visited on sat 8/26/17 at 6pm. Dinner for 1. Parking was a bit of a pain since you have to find either a spot on the street or use the lot. The lot required a credit card or cash for the vending machine to issue a parking pass. Downtown can be pretty packed. The lot asked for $3 for 1 hour. If you use cash, no change is given. Next time, I'll look around a bit more.

I was greeted promptly and there was a table available. The place is dimply lit. I was not the only one using my cell phone flashlight to read the menu. WiFi is free and available. there were inside table, outside tables, and a long bar. The walls are red brick. It looks beautiful. The artwork is nice too. After being seated, service was slow. So be prepared to take some time. I had a glass of white from New Zealand. But there is an extensive wine menu for full bottles. After finishing my wine the waitress finally asked me if I was ready to order. I ordered the Ravioli Frutti di Mare (basically.. lobster filled ravioli). The meal was fantastic. I haven't tasted food this good for a while. The desert was a sticky coffee caramel cafe. It was very good. 2 drinks, entre', and desert was billed at $46.50. Pretty good for the food quality. I'm gonna have to deduct 1 star for the slow service. But 4 is still impressive since I'm a hard grader. I made it back to my car with 7 mins to spare on the slip. This is a good place for romantic dinners and fine dining. Leave the kids at home if your coming to this place.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I have been looking around Eugene for a good brunch and noticed the menu at Ambrosia this week. Gave it a try and was all around impressed. The Eggs Benedict was served with fresh hollandaise and really good ham. The side dish of asparagus was al dente perfection. I also tried the grapefruit mimosa but would stick with the classic.
Decor is classic with nice background music.
The service was also very attentive.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Great food and ambience. Lamb Ragu was amazing and chocolate mousse to die for . Our first time in Eugene and just happened to come m across this place and so glad we did!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Most people do not know how to cook scallops , it is too easy to over cook them . There is a fine line between perfect and tough . I have had the scallops here three times and each time they were perfect . Try the desserts they are also great . Service is always top notch . I can not find one thing even so so about this place . One of the best places in Eugene , probably in my top five .

Reviewed 28 June 2017

It's a cute place. I had fettucine with chicken, and my husband had scallops. We both enjoyed the meal, and there was enough of my pasta left over to have for breakfast the next day.