“Great gift”

Ambrosia Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ambrosia Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 653 Restaurants in Eugene
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ambrosia was born from a love of Italian tradition around food and wine. There is no better way to celebrate life than sharing a comforting meal with friends and family at the table!We feature classic Italian cuisine inspired by the vibrant Pacific Northwest, and are known for our seasonal menu and nightly specials featuring local produce, seafood and meats, handmade pastas, wood-fired pizza and house-made classic Italian desserts. We have an extensive wine list and sommeliers on staff, a full bar featuring local beers and hand-crafted cocktails and sodas. Weeknight happy hour.Our warm interior is decorated with classic furniture, primarily from the original owners of the building who were antique dealers. The soul of the restaurant is its wood-fired brick oven which was imported from Italy in pieces and assembled on site.
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We received a gift certificate for dinner for two. Excellent food, service, ambiance, choices. Casual romantic, good for couples or groups.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

This was one of the best meals we had while in Oregon. The portions are very generous, and the wait staff very attentive. I liked the exposed brick and the atmosphere of this place. I had a hard time deciding between the seafood ravioli and one of the specials which was a penne pasta in a spicy pesto sauce with halibut, prawns, and scallops. The special was excellent, and my husband had the pasta bolongnese. We would definitely visit Ambrosia again---excellent meal all around!

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Despite the lack of a warm greeting from the owner and hostess/ GM (she apologized that she thought I was with another woman who was waiting), the visit went very well.
The bartender, Robin, thoroughly made the experience memorable. As well, Hunter was particularly friendly and helpful, as he led me to the outstanding Black Stallion Cab.
Wow! The two of them were absolutely lovely and so fun. Another lovely waitress, Kaylie, I believe, helped me choose between the chocolate torte and the chocolate mousse for dessert. After the delicious Chicken Piccata, I could finish neither the wine nor the chocolate mousse, but I can highly recommend them. The olive oil served with the bread was also of very high quality. I thank Robin and Hunter for their vibrant personalities and recommend this restaurant for anyone who loves high quality food, wine or dessert.The lighting of some parts of this restaurant would also contribute to a romantic environment for a special date.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

This place was a great find. Everything was fresh, delicious and the presentations were beautiful. Our group had the scallops, a filet minion and two pasta dishes after sharing an antipasto plate and crab stuffed mushrooms. I was too stuffed for dessert but our group ordered the brûlée and the mousse. It was all terrific.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I visited on sat 8/26/17 at 6pm. Dinner for 1. Parking was a bit of a pain since you have to find either a spot on the street or use the lot. The lot required a credit card or cash for the vending machine to issue a parking pass. Downtown can be pretty packed. The lot asked for $3 for 1 hour. If you use cash, no change is given. Next time, I'll look around a bit more.

I was greeted promptly and there was a table available. The place is dimply lit. I was not the only one using my cell phone flashlight to read the menu. WiFi is free and available. there were inside table, outside tables, and a long bar. The walls are red brick. It looks beautiful. The artwork is nice too. After being seated, service was slow. So be prepared to take some time. I had a glass of white from New Zealand. But there is an extensive wine menu for full bottles. After finishing my wine the waitress finally asked me if I was ready to order. I ordered the Ravioli Frutti di Mare (basically.. lobster filled ravioli). The meal was fantastic. I haven't tasted food this good for a while. The desert was a sticky coffee caramel cafe. It was very good. 2 drinks, entre', and desert was billed at $46.50. Pretty good for the food quality. I'm gonna have to deduct 1 star for the slow service. But 4 is still impressive since I'm a hard grader. I made it back to my car with 7 mins to spare on the slip. This is a good place for romantic dinners and fine dining. Leave the kids at home if your coming to this place.