“Exceeded our expectations”

Travelodge Eugene Downtown
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 May 2016

The room was large, clean and comfortable. What could be better! Rather a light breakfast. There are trays to bring back food to your room. Outdoor seating available also. It was too cold to try out the pool, but it looked clean.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
EugeneBroadwayInn, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share this five star experience with our management, staff, and future guests.Our primary aim is to give you a comfortable and accommodating experience, and we are very pleased to hear of our success in this ambition.We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 May 2016

Clean, friendly and very affordable. The hotel itself isn't very updated but it gets the job done. The layout of the rooms are all different so it was interesting. Within walking distance of a lot of awesome places so that's a bonus.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
EugeneBroadwayInn, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

We are happy to know that we have exceeded your expectations for just an affordable price. I am so glad that you found our hotel to be clean and convenient and that you enjoyed the accommodations and hospitality that we strive to show to each guest, during every stay. We hope to impress you again during your next visit and we thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 3 May 2016

You get what you pay for - the room was clean but not super up to date. Bed wasn't very comfortable but the sheets were clean. The staff was very friendly and polite and it is in a well-located area with lots of restaurants close enough to walk to.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to recognize our staff for their exemplary work in
providing clean and comfortable experience for our valued guests. It means so much to us to hear your positive comments regarding our staff hospitality. We also appreciate your ideas for improving on our amenities, and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 27 April 2016

I got a last minute Sunday night reservation. Room 301 was upstairs, but quite spacious. Everything was clean and worked. Great shower head and TV. Very dated, but safe and inexpensive. No in room coffee, and a don't-even-bother 'breakfast', but 7-11 is next door and there are alot of food options close. Great staff.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
EugeneCourtesyInn, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Thank you for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. We appreciate that you've taken the time to share the ways that we have impressed you and the ways that we can improve we want you to know that the matters you mentioned are being addressed to our management. I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visits.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

I have stayed at the Broadway Inn at least 4 times in the last 5-6 years. It is old, but I have never had any complaints with the property or management. I have rated it well in the past. The visit in mid-April was a shocker. There was dust, dirt and just general filth. My adult daughter was sick and in pain as a cancer survivor, resting while taking medicine while my Dad, who we were taking to dinner later, sat in the motel room with us. He is 88 and has Alzheimers. To address the problem at that moment with the staff would have been overwhelming to my daughter if we'd had to move or find a new motel. I took photos. Upon our return home I looked over the more recent reviews on TripAdvisor and was not encouraged. But, I sent a detailed but courteous email to the management with a dozen pictures of room's facilities that appeared to have not been cleaned in weeks. I requested the return of the room price and fees, but was not optimistic having read their responses on TA re: not refunding money. However, in 5 days I received a very nice response from Mr. Patel. He seemed genuinely appalled at what the photos evidenced for our room. He returned every penny. While the room was less than a 1 star, his response was a 5 star, thus the ambivalence of my rating. Because of his response I will not be posting the photos to TripAdvisor. I do advise any travelers visiting any motel/hotel to photograph anything that you think needs reporting. Photos substantiate your complaint.

As a side note, RE: the question below about if this hotel has "suites"...sort of. If you choose one of their 'split' rooms (2 queens with one in a smaller room of the unit) be aware that there is no heat in those rooms, only the heater under the front window.

Breakfast is individually wrapped pastries, bananas, oatmeal packets and drinks (at least that's what I remember).

I wish to thank Mr. Patel for his concern in handling this matter.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family