“Do Not Recommend at ALL!”

Travelodge Eugene Downtown
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 July 2017

This was a stop off on the way to California for a beach-hopping trip back up the coast. I wanted something economical, clean, and not far from the I-5.

The girl at the desk was lovely and very friendly. The positives end there.

The room was TINY, there was thick dust on the floor moldings by the bed and behind the fridge (which was not close to the wall so easy to see). There was no counter in the bathroom, but there was a big spider on the floor when I first arrived and a smaller one dropped down from the ceiling between me and the mirror when I was getting ready in the morning. Also, the bathroom floor was filthy. It hasn't seen a scrub brush since it was laid, I am positive.

Desk chair was low and would not raise up.

The included 'breakfast' was packaged oatmeal and some dreadful looking packaged pastries.

The worst of it was, within 20 minutes of settling into the room, I started to feel little twinges on my exposed skin, like tiny bites. I couldn't see anything on me but it kept happening. The next day, continuing the drive on my trip, I was itchy from scalp to toes... dreadfully itchy. So SOMETHING is living in that room and I am afraid I took some with me until the next stop where I showered immediately to rid myself of whatever they were.

So, overall, horrible place. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
EugeneBroadwayInn, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear SandyBeachBumTM,

Your review and rating of our hotel mean a lot to us, and we thank you for taking the time to share this experience. I am terribly sorry to hear regarding the itchiness in your body during your recent stay with us. I do want to assure you and all other guests that we clean and sanitize our guest rooms following each guest stay. It is a very important part of our policies in order to ensure that each guest enjoys a comfortable, clean, and safe environment.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I stay in a lot of budget motels and love when i stumble across one that stands above the norm. Staff was super nice and helpful. Location is great! Right in downtown, walkable to any downtown activities. Room and bathroom were very clean and no bad odors. I liked the 2br option. Laundry room was also clean, everything worked great. And pool looked nice tho the weather was too chilly during my visit to use it. My kids all found something to eat for breakfast, and they also enjoyed the modern TV in our room. Thanks for the great stay, Broadway Inn!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
EugeneBroadwayInn, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear Julie H,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey and for rating our hotel so highly! I am so glad that you found our hotel to be clean and convenient and that you enjoyed the five star accommodations and hospitality that we strive to show to each guest, during every stay. We are overjoyed to hear that you had a great time with us and we are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

My son stayed and felt comfortable there. It suited him. He had business to attend to and it had the amenities he needed. Eugene is a lovely part of Oregon. Not too far from the airport. It is like a hub for other places within sightseeing distance.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
EugeneBroadwayInn, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear Josephine C,

Thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with our services and amenities. We seek to give each guest a very comfortable and accommodating experience and we are
thrilled to hear of our success in this ambition. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 April 2017

The non-smoking room REEKED of MOLD and STALE cigarette smoke! I immediately started having asthma attacks and broke out in hives after being kept awake all night with loud music blaring from the NOISY neighbors. The mini-fridge barely worked, there was somebody else's hair left in several places in the bathroom, and more than a hundred mold spots covered the upper bathroom walls!

As I walked to get some breakfast in the morning, a young adult wearing gang colors called me 'Money Bags' and asked if I wanted to hang out with him and his friends! I walked into get breakfast, and had dropped a napkin. I bent over to pick it up and another guest grabbed my backside; I elbowed him before running back to my room.

When we returned that night, two male guests were having an altercation in the parking lot and the desk clerk ran out of there like she was scared of them, leaving us to fend for ourselves.

BOTH nights, the other guests stayed up most of the night blaring LOUD music in spite of being asked to turn it down by their neighbors. Our small car had been boxed in between a fifteen passenger van and a semi-sized tow truck, so we had to squeeze in the driver's seat and back the car out before the three of us could get in...I left a comment card on the room desk, asking the manager to call me back and I haven't heard a peep....this place is a waking nightmare and out of over a hundred hotels i've stayed in over the past 30 some odd years, this one is BAR NONE, the WORST hotel I've EVER stayed in!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
EugeneBroadwayInn, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear Roxie F,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. I am terribly sorry to hear of your disappointment with our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are working hard to address these issues and improve upon the guest experience. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Kind regards.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

This is an older motel located in the heart of Eugene, OR. It has very small grounds. But I would say it was clean and comfortable. I felt it was a good value, given the price and location. Only negative was lack of soundproofing between units. I could easily hear conversations from my neighbors. Minimal breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
EugeneBroadwayInn, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2016

Dear MisterEd7,
Thank you for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and glad that you enjoyed the value and the convenient location of our hotel! We seek to give each guest a very comfortable and accommodating experience and we are
thrilled to hear of our success in this ambition. We also appreciate your suggestions for improvement and look forward to impressing you during future stays.