“Italian Comfort Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2018

My husband and I were on our way home from a long stay in Seattle. After a long day of driving, we decided to have some favorite comfort food-Italian (it's either Italian or Mexican and that night Italian won out). Had a recommendation for Beppe & Gianni's so that is where we headed.

Was seated almost immediately (it was a Monday, so that helped with the "no wait"). Our wonderful server Lisa was efficient, also kind and helpful when I was deciding what to order. I had their ravioli (which a neighboring diner gave me a "thumbs up" when she heard me inquiring about the dish), and my husband had the lasagna. The 1/2 portion Caesar was perfectly dressed and just the right size to go along with the pasta. The ravioli may be the best I've ever had; the Dijon-based sauce with crimi mushrooms and chicken was wonderful with the perfectly cooked ravioli (ricotta & spinach). My husband loved his lasagna (which I almost had), so we were both very happy with our entrees.

The restaurant is in an old house in a semi-residential area. Eclectic inside, and given it was a Monday night, I can imagine how busy they must be on the weekends. We were lucky getting one of the parking spots right next to the restaurant also. I had a couple glasses of Proseco, and we finished by sharing the tiramisu. If you like/love tiramisu, don't miss it. De-lish!

Definitely a place we would return to, if ever back in Eugene.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

As you enter this old house, you'll find the bar just to the left, inside the door. That's where we found the clipboard with the sign-in sheets. Put your name on the list, maybe order a drink, and wait for a server to find you a table.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Cons first
No reservations, crowded. get there early.

Pros - too many to list
Just the smell enticed us to wait the 20 minutes. You just know this cute old Victorian/craftsman house is going to please.
The waiter was extremely helpful, and attentive.
A wine list of Italian and American wine with a attractive beverage list with Italian sodas.
We started with the Caesar for me and the Insalata Di Spinaci for my wife which she kept commenting on - just loved it.
I wanted the Prosciutto E Melone but because of the season I did not choose it but I like that they had the offering on the menu. Something for the future.
The Cappelli Di Vescovo which is Bishop‎ hats of fresh handmade pasta stuffed with Swiss chard, prosciutto, ricotta & parmesan cheese in a brown-butter sage sauce was to die for. This is a must order.

I had the Chicken Marsala which had a wonderful reduction sauce on it and my wife loved the Fettine Di Carne A New York steak sliced thin in the Sicilian fashion then quick-grilled served with roasted potatoes & fresh vegetables.

Remember Death by Chocolate to end the meal.

We will be back

Reviewed 9 April 2018

We drive through Eugene several times per year travelling between Vancouver and Arizona. Each time, we have dinner at B&G's as we have found it to be the best restaurant in Eugene. It's always pleasant to sit down to an enjoyable dinner and bottle of wine after a day on the road.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

My wife and high are always looking for a culinary experience, especially in a city we don't live in. We live in Bend, Oregon and had to be in a meeting in Cottage Grove on Saturday, so we decided to drive in the night before. After reading the reviews on TA and seeing the Certificate of Excellence, we decide to try this restaurant out. We called to make reservations but were told they don't take reservations and that if we wanted a table, without waiting, we'd have to get there by 5 pm when they opened. We left our home at 2:15 and arrived at the restaurant at 4:50, only to find a line already forming. Well, that must be a good sign. By 5 pm there was close to 20 people in line. Friedly faces and a warm Italian atmosphere greeted us. We were shown our table and immediately the olive oil and bread were offered to us. Within 1 minutes, Leah, our server introduced herself and told us about the daily specials. A delightful and knowledgeable individual. We always appreciate a person that not only knows what's on the menu but also helps with the wine pairings. She was spot on. We started by sharing the Caprese. The tomatoes were so sweet, a perfect beginning. My wife cannot eat nuts and could not have one of the ravioli specials, so Leah made a suggestion, that with the spinach and ricotta ravioli, that they use a browned butter and sage sauce. My wife loved it! I ordered the Pappardelle Con Carne with the Lasagna Dell Casa coming in a close second. The right choice, I think. Our neighboring table had the Lasagna. I wanted to share my dish with their just to taste my second choice. Just another reason to come back. I wish they had a tasting menu with small bites of all the wonderful and tantalizing dishes that our senses experience. We did take dessert back to our hotel, along with leftovers, that became our dinner the next evening, when we got home. When we left, the line was longer than when we arrived. We will be back!! Don't miss out.