“The Best Mongolian food”

Jung's Mongolian Grill
Ranked #73 of 664 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Mongolian
Reviewed 2 December 2015 via mobile

Some friends took us there, and that was wonderful. The only problem I had was figuring out the different sauces my food was to be cooked with. Highly recommend. Great place for big eaters, just please don't waste any. That's what keeps the price low, which is very affordable. Great place for college students on a budget that eat only one meal a day. No to go boxes.

Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

Good food. Place was messy. Workers were as attentive as they could be. It was just people being slobs. Spilling the liquids, letting food get mixed together. Quite a line when we got there and was worried about a wait. But we were seated quickly and food was handled quickly also.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

So I came here and packed a bowl on Saturday. Of Mongolian food!! What were you thinking I packed a bowl of?? Haven't you seen their shirts? Geeez you guys.

We came here for lunch and I was stoked that we did. I had a HUGE hole in my gut needing filled and some fresh, grilled goodness was the plan.

We were seated rather quickly by the hostess. Our waitress got us waters and then left. And when I say left? I think she actually left. As in, left the building. Simply because we didn't see her once the rest of the time we were there. We couldn't get bowls, drinks, or anything. Thankfully, there was another girl there who we bugged the whole time and she took care of us. I still grant all 5 stars...even with that glitch...

The food is plentiful in these parts, and they have a great selection of meats, veggies and oils/spices.

Meats:
Beef, Pork, Chicken (I believe they have Shrimp and Lamb for dinner)

Noodles: Nuff Said...

Veggies:
Sprouts, Onions (white and green), Spinach, Cabbage, Zucchini, Water Chestnuts, Baby Corn, Broccoli, Carrots, Jalapenos, ....that's what I can remember...

Oils/Spices: Sweet Vinegar, Garlic water, Lemon water, Chili infusion, Soy Sauce, Coconut Milk, Cooking Sherry, Red wine vinegar, Peanut Sauce, Yellow Curry...again, that's all I can remember...

The grill masters were efficient. They stacked close to 8 plates on the grill at once and I never seen them mix the ingredients from other dishes once. It was pretty busy, so at times there was 2 guys grilling away.

I went back for 3 large plates. Yeah...I ate 'em!! I thought each was awesome in it's own way. My first plate was a fair mix of noodles and veggies and meat. Second plate was more veggies with less meat and no noodles. The third plate was a carnivore special, Beef, Chicken and a little bit of Pork, mixed with green onions and water chestnuts for texture.

I wont go into detail about what each plate was like, but each of them were fantastic in their own way. And the best part? You have nobody to blame BUT YOURSELF if you dont like your food. Too spicy? Dont put so much on next time. To sweet? Dont add teriyaki next time. Too many veggies? Dont add so many next time...Catchin' my drift here? So if you like to lay blame...i would suggest hitting a drive through...

For a total of 5 heaping plates of food and drinks, we walked out paying $15 and change, plus tip for a solid $20. WELL WORTH IT!!

Go pack a bowl at Jungs!

2  Thank joshw441
Reviewed 14 August 2015

Love this place! Great atmosphere and the staff is great! The food is amazing and if you don't get enough the first round... go back for more! Pasta, vegetables, meats and sauces to create your own special meal. Great for families or a quiet dinner for two... or come in and create a to go meal for yourself.

Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

This is a place where you can make your meal as healthy as you want. Mostly veggies and no noodles, a little protein and you're good to go! Waaaaay better quality than that one in Springfield!

Been to Jung's Mongolian Grill? Share your experiences!