“Best Gyoza Ever!!”

Ranked #114 of 687 Restaurants in Eugene
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I have only one thing to say about Toshi's- they have, hands down, the best gyoza I've ever had in the US. They remind me of the ones "Mom" used to make when I was an exchange student in Japan. They are so good that I order two portions (6 gyoza each) 15 minutes apart so they are nice and hot.

Seriously, take it from me: Ignore any pot sticker or gyoza you've ever had unless you've been in a high end authentic Japanese restaurant. Try these at Toshi's. And follow their instructions on how to make your sauce (and ASK if you don't see the card at the table). It's soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sherry and a little spice.

This dish is to live for. You MUST try it.

I am only giving them four stars because I have yet to order anything else. (Well, and they didn't have Sapporo ramen on the menu.)

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Came here with two friends. Service at the counter was friendly, and we were able to easily snag a table around noon on a weekday. The wait time to get our food was about 25 minutes, which is crazy for ramen that has virtually no customization. You have three broths to choose from, and after that your choices are basically butter, corn, extra corn, garlic, or more garlic. The noodles seemed kind of mushy, but the miso broth was tasty. It was still a nice thing to eat on a cold, rainy day, and everyone working there seemed nice, but the service was just too slow, and I’d probably get bored quickly of their offerings.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Just had some awesome noodles at Toshi’s Ramen. Big bowl, succulent pork, tender bamboo shoots, LOTS of garlic and perfect texture noodles. I had mine in a soy sauce based broth. Excellent. I highly recommend it if you are in the mood for some quality ramen noodles. Oh, and super friendly service too!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We love our ramen. This place has some delicious and fresh tasting ramen noodles. The shio broth wasn’t overly salty either. It was busy when we arrived but by the time we ordered (at the counter) there were tables available. I recommend

Reviewed 17 August 2017

The four of us had four different types of ramen and everyone was happy. Big portions - only the younger two could finish theirs. I think we'll split a bowl next time, We also had an order of gyoza - very good. We'll definitely be back.